Easingwold March Contest 2007

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by alibaba, Jun 27, 2007.

1. alibaba

alibaba Member

Just wondering which bands are taking part at Easingwold this Sat.

If the weather behaves itself it is usually a cracking day out.

My band are taking part.
  2. bigcol

bigcol Member

Backworth Colliery Band will be there, first contest since changing name.
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

We'll be there! And we're doing Brighouse March Contest on the Sunday too!
  4. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

The Mighty Frickley South Elmsall will be there as long as we are all above water. Weather forecast doesn't look good tho.:rolleyes:
  5. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Just wear your band issue water wings Mark. you look very fetching in them!!
  6. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

Oops, sorry Simon, didn't realise you had started the thread. Need some new eyes!
  7. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Marsden are there to defend our title of 12 months ago.
    Also at Brighouse on Sunday defending that too. :p
  8. barrytone

barrytone Member

We're there, Knottingley Silver, hope we can manage to get to our bandroom, last rehearsal was cancelled due to flooding!
  9. bumperman

bumperman Member

Wakefield Metropolitan Band are there in the 2nd section. Crofton Silver Band will be there in the 4th section too!
  10. bigcol

bigcol Member

Just been told Ellington are there (coz I'm depping for them).
  11. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Cross your fingers today's the day they're deciding on cancelling/or not for the weather!
  12. bigcol

bigcol Member

Ok cheers PB keep us informed, long way to come for a swim!
  13. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

to true - we were wondering (in the pub after band and a pint or two) what to do with the coach if it is cancelled! It's so short notice would we have to pay for it? hopefully not, but what to do with it if we have to pay for it! Maybe an impromptu trip to say Easingwold for a play on the square and a few dozen beers? Getting out the CAMRA guide and heading on mass to the nearest real ale houses! As soon as someone tells us, i'll post, but if it is called off then i expect Pete from YHBBA will be calling round all the bands.
  14. barrytone

barrytone Member

Friends who live in the area have said that some of the roads to Easingwold are pretty tricky so everyone be extra careful if the contest goes ahead. Would think it's the threat of heavy rain all day Saturday and the forecast for Friday not being too good either.

When we will hear about a decision?
  15. bigrik

bigrik New Member

we're there shepherds
    through and through
  16. TheKnightTemplar

TheKnightTemplar New Member

Whatever the weather, getting wet on in the inside is always a pleasant experience : cheers !
  17. barrytone

barrytone Member

I take it since noone has posted otherwise the contest is still on? Weather here, West Yorkshire, is currently fairly sunny but with a chilly wind. Rain is forecast for later according to the weather forecast I just heard.
  18. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Spoke to Pete Sanderson earlier he said going ahead, no foreseeable problems. maybe some rain from overhead but shouldn't be any round the ankles!
  19. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

I haven't heard otherwise so it is still on. Just got to decide what to wear. Decisions decisions. Oh hang it!! I'm going simple with Black trousers, white shirt and a funky red Jacket for some colour! A quick visit to the off license and I'm set!!!
  20. bigcol

bigcol Member

Yes it's still on, there's an indoor plan B if it rains which would involve NO MARCHING so I for one am hoping for a bit of drizzle.

Anyone played a drummer on the stand at this contest?