Easingwold 2011

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by whitewitch, Jun 26, 2011.

1. whitewitch

whitewitch Member

Congratulations to Uppermill Band and MD Alan Widdop after competing at Easingwold March and Hymn yesterday and winning, Best Deportmant, Best Basses, Best March on Stand, Best 2nd Section and Best Overall in Contest.

They are a 2nd section band and were competing against 1st and Championship Bands but rose to the challenge.

Well done!!:clap:

2. ringa

ringa Member

what were the top 6 places please?

3. FeistyFlugel

FeistyFlugel New Member

Awesome work, Uppermill. Well done.

Any more placings Known???

4. Frontman

Frontman Member

Congratulations to all at Uppermill Band, great work.

Has anyone got a list of results and competeing bands?

5. whitewitch

whitewitch Member

Garforth
    Fishburn
    Durham Miners
    Backworth
    South Milforth

That is all i can remember off the top of my head....I will post others if i find out. :confused:

6. neebotherme

neebotherme New Member

Durham Mineworkers, best hymn, 2nd in deportment and 3rd overall. don't know anymore apart from uppermill and they are already on here. anyone got the rest? Oh, Fishburn 2nd overall I think. we are 2nd section too.

7. neebotherme

neebotherme New Member

Durham Mineworkers are second section also.

8. Zappa

Zappa Member

I heard that Easingwold contest was particularly quiet this year? How many bands were there?

I wasn't there myself (I don't play much anymore) however, I always thought this contest was a top top night!!

At first I thought the date of the contest was good, week after Whit Friday, bands are prepared with a march etc however, it could stretch the finances with coaches, 2 in 2 weeks?

I hope it doesn't slip away into the contest abyss ... It would be a big shame to lose this one!

9. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

7 Bands.

It seems to have been announced since that South Milford band won best stage march, it was a mistake on the night in the announcements.

I think there are now too many contests of the same Ilk to choose from, Hebdon, Morley, Marsden, Easingwold, Silkstone & Brighouse, I think bands just pick the one/two they want to do and therefore there are too many with ont enough bands. This year I think i'm near enough in saying;

Marsden 8 Bands
    Morley 8 Bands
    Hebdon 8 Bands
    Easingwold 7 Bands
    Silkstone - cancelled
    Brighouse 20+???

10. whith whit friday morley and hebden all on the same weekend and with marsden the week befor, that may of had a big impact on the amount of bands.
    Also with all the park jobs clashing.
    maybe if all compertitions had a meeting and spread out the dates this may attract more bands????

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Alan Widdop
    Easingwold 2011
    Hymn
    Uppermill Band
    Easingwold March
  12. Split Splat

Split Splat Member

Well done team Sth Milford :clap: .....
    shame you didnt get the recognition on the night! :oops: