Easingwold 2009

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by bigcol, Jun 22, 2009.

1. bigcol

bigcol Member

Backworth Colliery Band will be there - anyone else going?

Hope the weather is better than the Whits!

2. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Emley will be there again, going for the 3rd section hatrick! And yes - a Sunnier evening would be good - The forecast looks positive. . .

3. ratpit

ratpit Member

When is Easingwold march contest?

What time do bands play?

4. Columbo

Columbo Member

When and where is that?

5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

27th July. It's held in the market square at Easingwold, North Yorkshire. I can't remember the exact time it starts but it's basically an evening march contest.

It's a great evening out but unfortunately I can't go this year as I'm at work

6. bigcol

bigcol Member

7. mozart

mozart Member

I think you mean 27th JUNE !!:oops:

8. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Im going - twice! Conducting and playing... best o luck to all!

9. pas

pas New Member

Unofficial results -

Fishburn overall winners
    Music:-
    1 - Wakefield
    2 - Fishburn... Read more
    3 - Frickley
    4 - South Yorks Police
    March:-
    1 - Stape
    2 - ???(sorry, couldn't tell)
    3 - Kirbymoorside
    4 - Shepherd Seniors

Best troms on March & basses on stage - Wakefield
    Best 1st section overall (march & music)- Wakefield
    2nd - South Yorks Police
    3rd - Stape Silver
    4th/u/g - Shepherd Concert

Philip

10. iRyan

iRyan Member

Wahey well done to Shepherds for getting 4th on the March!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Easingwold 2009 Backworth Colliery Band
    Whits
    Backworth Colliery Band
    Easingwold
    weather
  12. bigrik

bigrik New Member

next year they need a decent P.A - what a load of tosh

13. Mr Malone

Mr Malone Member

Results from Easingwold.....

March and Deportment

1 - Stape Silver
    2 - Garforth Brass
    3 - Kirbymoorside
    4 - Shepherd Seniors

March on stage.....

1 - Wakefield Metropolitan
    2 - Fishburn
    3 - Frickley South Elmsall
    4 - South Yorks Police

Best troms on March & basses on stage - Wakefield
    Best 1st section overall (march & music)- Wakefield
    2nd - South Yorks Police
    3rd - Stape Silver
    4th/u/g - Shepherd Concert

14. pas

pas New Member

Hmm, please ignore "read more" in my post above - copy & paste from a facebook comment, and can't seem to edit it now.

Philip

15. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

GO FRICKLEY SOUTH ELMSALL!!!!!! Well done Guys... 3rd on the stand is a STONKIN result in some VERY good company. Good to see so many friends there this year. Agree wi Rich though... whats that P.A all about?!

16. dickyg

dickyg Member

Well done guys!!!!

R

17. Toxophile

Toxophile Member

Dodgy PA

Does anyone see a pattern in dodgy PA system and disappointing results, or is it simply that playing a bass makes you see conspiracies everywhere ? :biggrin:

18. SHD999

SHD999 Member

The joys of marching in Police uniform on your day off. Verbal abuse (ladies) and objects thrown at my players as we marched past the line of pubs.
    We enjoyed the contest but it was spoilt by the activities of very small minority.

I guess no one else suffered the same response, perhaps it was the choice of music, or more likely the uniform ;-)

Simon
    South Yorkshire Police Band

19. Tracey

Tracey Member

You've never had to put up with that behaviour at Old Silkstone March Contest I hope anyway!!!!!

There's just no need for it is there??:(:(

Why do people have to spoil events like this :confused::confused::confused:

20. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Don't know about the objects being thrown, I gather that was round the corner from where we were standing from what I heard...but I hope the verbal abuse comment wasn't aimed at me!
    As your band got off the bus (all in uniform and blatantly obvious who you were) and started to unload the instruments, we were standing outside the George Hotel and I just called across the road (for a bit of a giggle) "What band are you lot then?" to a WPC that was standing at the rear of the bus. The look she gave me could have sunk ships! I think someone said later that they recognised her on the march past as your flugel player? If she took offence at my little joke or misheard me then she has my apologies, it was only meant as a bit of fun and no offence was intended.
    As you marched past we all stood clapping and showing our support, but as you passed there were three policemen giving a ticket to a bloke in a car across the road, so I called to the one that seemed to be doing the least of the three of them that they'd be ruining your bands chance of the deportment prize if they didn't keep up. He (gladly) saw the funny side of that. :biggrin:

Throwing stuff at people is unforgivable. Those idiots want locking up.

21. mdfreeman

mdfreeman Member

:clap: I agree the idiots do need locking up, but your always going to have the few who will spoil it for someone.

I know I've mentioned this before, but the majority of the band are not police officers and the only association we have is playing for the band which we proudly do supporting various charities throughout the year and representing the force at many public events.

Sorry if this sounds a bit narky, but the incident this weekend has annoyed me in the fact that if we'd been in stage uniform it probably would of been a different story.lol.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Easingwold 2009 Backworth Colliery Band
    Whits
    Backworth Colliery Band
    Easingwold
    weather