Earls Court Beer Festival

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by tpcornet12, Aug 2, 2006.

1. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Anybody going to Earls Court Beer Festival this weekend?

I'm thinking of taking my girlfrield and she's Bavarian!!! Any German stalls?
    Any bands playing??

I suppose I should look it up myself really but feeling lazy!!!

2. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

I've been asked to help out Denham Band this sat at the beer festival, so there is at least one band there...

3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Harrumph! The organisers promised they would re hire Fulham if they opted to have brass bands again...

4. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Ooops! Sorry, I don't know anything about it ....just doing a band a favour.

5. Will the Sec

No worries and I hope it goes well for Denham- just annoyed with the organisers.

6. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Sounds like it's a good job then!!? What time will Denham be playing??

7. Will the Sec

It's an excellent job - you get the most positive reaction from any audience I've ever played for. Around 500 people clapping along and then doing air guitar to BoRhap has to be seen to be believed! (Oh, and if you play "The Wombling Song" people will give you random £20 notes...)

8. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

As a former Crystal Palace player and I have also helped Fulham Band out at a couple of beer festivals I can vouch for their expertise at these sort of events!.....I especially remember Cecil Exton in the absence of a kit player "singing" the drum break in Hootenanny...what a nutter! (late 1980`s Will, before your time perhaps?).

9. Will the Sec

Yep, Kirmat, that was before my time, but I'm in touch fairly regularly with Cecil. He lives in the Greek Islands, writes processional music for the church, and regrets that his "lack of teeth prevents any brass playing!".

10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I will pass your complaint along to the committee. I know the chairman...:D
    BMB
    xx

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Anybody
    stalls
    Bavarian
    German
    Earls Court Beer Festival