Eagley Soloists Concert

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by mikelyons, Jun 21, 2008.

1. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Harrogate or Bust!

The Eagley Band, following their major achievement at the Area contest in Blackpool this year, are in the full flow of fund-raising to get them to the National Finals in Harrogate. As it is such an expensive venture for a band which does not rely on sponsorship, there is a lot of hard work for them to do to pay for the weekend in October.

As part of their efforts, the band have had a sponsored bike ride and a number of other sponsored events and now they have arranged a Soloists Concert to feature major soloists and friends of the band from the world famous Foden’s Richardson Band.

The band are really looking forward to playing alongside

Mark Wilkinson, (Principal Cornet),
    Richard Poole (Assistant Principal Cornet),
    Les Neish (Principal EEb Bass) and
    Mark Landon (Principal Percussion).

The concert takes place at : Old Links Golf Club, Chorley Old Road, Bolton. BL1 5SU on Sunday 13th July at 7:30pm.Tickets are cheap at twice the price - £8:00.For further details, contact Deb Lyons on 0773 199 6925.
  2. mikelyons

Stop Press!

:clap: The band are absolutely over the moon to announce the addition of multi-instrumentalist Glyn Williams to the line-up for the Soloist Concert. Tickets are limited, so get yours now by ringing Debs on the number above.:clap:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2008
  3. mikelyons

I'm just reminding people about the soloist concert on Sunday. I heard Les Neish tonight at the rehearsal and I was gob smacked. What a player! If you don't come, you'll have missed it!

I'm not telling you what he's playing (or any of them - you'll just have to buy a ticket and help our attempt to raise funds towards Harrogate.)