Eagley Band New Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Sopfonix, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Sopfonix

Sopfonix Member

Hi Eagley Band has lost a few players to the other side of the world, New Zealand and Australia and Southampton so we are on the look out for the following players

*Trombone - To play solo or second, whichever they prefer
    *Cornet players - Front and back row, whichever you feel most comfy with
    *Euphonium - bumper up euph

We rehearse on Mondays & Wednesdays 8 til 10 at Hill Tops Blackrod - exceptionally close to the M61. The rehearsal room is part of a club and there is a bar on site for an after rehearsal tipple, wind down and general chat, we are a jolly friendly band and do a nice mix of contests and concerts, so if you want a new set of friends and a nice band to play with pop along, please let me know (my name is Nikki), email me at sopranofonix@btinternet.com or telephone me on 07881910596.

Look forward to seeing you
    Nikki

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi Eagley Band
    Eagley Band New
    Front
    Cornet
    New Zealand
  3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Eagley are still looking for players in the following departments. This is our 160th year, so we are looking to have our gaps filled so we can fill our demanding concert schedule.

We are looking for a bass (BBb or Eb - we can be flexible), Back row cornets, a trombone.

We are a fun and friendly third section band based in the Bolton area, where most of our jobs happen, though we occasionally venture further afield. If you would like to come down for a blow, we rehearse at the Hilltops social club in Blackrod on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00 'til 10:00pm and there is a bar :)

If you'd like any more info or directions (it's just off the A6) contact me on 07966768368 or by pm or by email at mike@mike-lyons.co.uk.:biggrin:

You can also contact Nikki, as above :D

4. mikelyons

Eagley Band are still looking for an MD. Our heartfelt thanks to Mareika Gray, (and Russell) for looking after us up to our summer break, but now we need to look to the future, in this, our 160th year.

The band are in a strong position to advance into the 2nd section Nationally, and we need a strong leader in the front to keep us going in the right direction. We also need to fill a couple of empty spaces, including a Trombone, 2nd & 3rd cornets and a bass. We're a warm and friendly band and we don't (generally) leave teeth marks. Please apply via any means you can. All applications treated in strictest confidence.

5. mikelyons

Just as a rider to the last post, previous applicants can apply again. We're hoping to go to Fleetwood contest, so please get your notifications of interest in as quickly as you can.

Our trombone vacancy has been filled, thankyou, we now need some back row cornets and a bass. I promise I won't eat garlic before rehearsals (well, not very often ;-)) so come along and try me.

6. mikelyons

Under our new MD Mr Neil Parkinson, the band are still looking for a couple of cornet players to fill vacancies in our back row. Neil has fired up the band again and we are looking forward to the challenges of the future. We have our 160th Anniversary Charity Concert on the 30th of October and would love to have a full back row by then. After that, all the pieces will be in place to take us to the Areas in February. We're the Eagley Band, Fly Us!

7. mikelyons

Calling serious 2nd cornets

If you are serious about playing cornet, we want you. Our second cornet seats are designed to fit your hams with minimum adjustment and they are warm and ready - but only if you are committed to playing on our back row. No time wasters, no shilly-shally-ers, no pea shooters. We want honest-to-goodness, hard working, hard playing 2nd cornet players.

We're going somewhere - are you coming with us?

8. mikelyons

The Eagley band are looking for committed cornet players to join us in time for the areas. You'll need to get a move on as the cut off date is rapidly approaching. We also require the services of a horn player, as our regular second horn Emma has to go into hospital just before the contest. Just to be clear, we need back row and repiano players and a 2nd horn. Rehearsals start at 8 on each Monday and Wednesday.

Why don't you...come up and see us sometime soon?...;-)

9. mikelyons

The band now has vacancies for percussionist and a couple of cornets. We are a warm and welcoming band and we tend to have a good social life. We are busy all through the summer months and we have a really active contest programme planned for the next season. If you'd like to come and take a look at us, we rehearse Mondays and Wednesdays at the Hilltops Social Club, Blackrod between 8.00pm and 10.00pm. The club is open to the band and the beer's good too. Come on, we're Eagley. Fly us!

10. mikelyons

The band are now looking for front row and rep players as we move back to our roots at the north of Bolton. After a number of successful and happy years at Blackrod, we are moving to the Last Drop Inn from July. We look forward to hearing from any seriously interested cornet players and are still looking for a percussionist. we have a busy concert and contest season ahead and the future is looking very good indeed. Come and join us if you're serious.

11. mikelyons

Due to family health issues, Neil, our well loved and respected MD has had to retire, having improved the band beyond measure in sound and confidence. We now need someone to take over the baton and take us further. If you are interested in taking this well balanced band into the future, please forward your CV with details of your experience to date and your vision for the future to: deblyons123@btinternet.com in the first instance. This friendly, outgoing band are still looking for percussionists and back row cornets. If you are interested, come over for a blow/bang.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi Eagley Band
    Eagley Band New
    Front
    Cornet
    New Zealand
  13. mikelyons

14. wagger-g

wagger-g Member

I'm really sorry to hear that as I know how much he was enjoying his return to banding. My very best wished to Neil and family. I'm sure his infectious enthusiasm will be much missed.

15. mikelyons

Thanks, Graham. You got that right. We all wish Neil and Anne the very best.

16. mikelyons

Hello one and all. Eagley have a very busy Christmas programme coming up and we are missing one or two back row cornets. If you would like to come in and fill up our ranks, we will make you more than welcome. we are looking forward to next year's contest season as well, and there's plenty for the back row to do in Hollywood, so you won't get bored. Positions on both 2nd and 3rd cornet are available. Contact me via pm, phone 07966768368 for more info. We rehearse Monday and Wednesday from 8 to 10 at the Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel, Bolton and we would be delighted to see you and make you welcome.

17. mikelyons

Hi All,

Thanks to the problems with Kapitol and my stance over signing with their registry, Eagley band have a vacancy for a 1st EEb Bass for the areas and the Nationals. Don't get me wrong, I'm not leaving, I'm just in the position that I cannot participate in these contests as the evil dictator won't let me. If you think you'd like to take a crack at my seat for these contests, please let me know by PM or contact Debs Lyons on 07731 996925, or Paula Brockbank on 07788 254879 in confidence.

18. mikelyons

I am prepared to pay a reasonable fee, if the offer of intercourse has been turned down!

19. mikelyons

The Eagley Band, based at the Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel in Bolton, require the following players to complete our line-up for the summer:
    Two cornet players – positions dependent on ability, a BBb Bass and both a tuned percussionist and a kit player
    We are a long established and friendly band with excellent practise facilities.
    We rehearse Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00pm until 10:00pm. Why don’t you come along? New players always welcome to come along for a blow/bash.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  20. mikelyons

The Eagley Band (NW 3rd Section) are looking to finalise their line-up before Blackpool by recruiting two back row cornet players (position dependant on ability), a repiano player and a kit player. We are a friendly and not too hard working band in the Bolton area. We have really good facilities at the Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel and we have an exciting contest season planned with visits to Ripon, Wychavon and Bolsover planned. We rehearse Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00pm to 10:00pm. Come along for a blow/bash and see what we're like.

21. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

The Eagley Band (NW 3rd Section) require two cornet players (position dependant on ability) and a tuned percussionist. We are a friendly and not too hard working band in the Bolton area. We have really good facilities at the Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel and we have an exciting 2015 planned. We rehearse Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00pm to 10:00pm. PM me or email matthew_ryan2004@hotmail.com for more information.