Each to their own but............. GROSS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Charmed, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Is all I can say! Just sat down to eat my sandwich during a quick lunch break at work. Doodling on tmp and reading the Daily Mirror over my colleagues shoulder, and what do I see on the front page?

"TOM CHEWS"

Tom Cruise revealed he is to eat his new baby's placenta!

"I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta"

:eek: :eek: :eek:

My sandwich suddenly does not look so appealing!

2. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I don't care how packed full of vitamins and goodness it is, as far as I'm concerned it's only one step away from cannibalism, and not a very big step at that. Yuk, yuk and thrice, yuk.
    Tom Cruise is a total weirdo.
    BMB
    xx

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

It's the whole Scientology thing as far as I can see. Worlds stemming from alien infestations from the vast reaches of space et al... hmmmm..... does money buy sanity?

4. Harold.Wells

Harold.Wells Active Member

In this case, quite the opposite I think!

I can't understand what would possess anyone to eat something that is basically a "waste" product, excreted from the human body!

Do normal, sane people eat human waste? Do we heck! :eek:

5. Di

Di Active Member

Oh Yuk!

So glad I finished my dinner before reading this. :eek:

6. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Does he have a film being released in the near future?

7. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

eeek...what a freak....
    Saw some food programme and they cooked a placenta and ate it too...... most 'orrid!

8. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Probably just tastes like chicken - most other weird meat foods seem to!

9. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

As horrible as it sounds (and in my mind is). it's apparently quite commonplace in other cultures.

10. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Yuk. I've been feeling pretty sickly all day and reading that just after lunchtime just about tipped me over the edge.

I have heard about this before though so its not just a freaky scientology thing. Gross in the extreme. Almost as bad as a chicken and mushroom pot noodle.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Tom Cruise
    colleagues
    shoulder
    lunch break
    baby
  12. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Nothing is that bad. At least placenta is all entirely natural - I'll stake money on a Chicken and Mush pot noodle never having ever seen a chicken or a mushroom.

13. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

This hippy nonsense stems from observing animals (including some herbivores) in the wild who eat the placenta after birth. But this is not because its nutritious - its a saftey measure - you don't want predators finding fresh placenta as they will know there is a vulnerable mother and defenceless baby around.
    So if Tom Cruise is concerned the dustbin men might find his partner's placenta and so know he has a new baby - is he also going to eat all the other evidence? Mmmmmmm - Pampers and chips :tongue:

Anyway even if it is natural, shouldn't it be the mother who eats it - not the father. And that raises another question wasn't Tom Cruise famous for (alegedly) firing blanks? so is it his placenta to be eating anyway?

14. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

It's not true by the way, just something the paper made up! (Tom is a close personal friend of mine...I wish! :rolleyes:)

It's not a nice idea though...!! :eek:

And chicken and mushroom is the best flavour of pot noodle if there is one!!!

15. rutty

rutty Active Member

I don't know about the jaffa-ness but he's definitely famous for not being gay. That's right, he's most seriously heterosexual and is in no way in the closet. Oh no.

16. So you won't be trying it then??

17. Key2207

Key2207 Member

OMG that is disgusting :eek:

When I did GCSE child development we watched a video of a placenta party. People were like eating on toast and everying. Made me feel sick and it was the lesson before dinner!!!

18. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Yeah Ready, Steady, Cook has really gone downhill since Fern Britten left...

19. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I'm surprised our resident butcher hasn't replied to this one yet!

Placenta sausages anyone?

:eek:

20. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Roger, I'm tempted to report this post for sheer grossicity!
    [insert barfing smiley]
    BMB
    xx

21. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I think I must have seen that in RE, or something similar...and I seem to remember having swimming as my next lesson. I really didn't feel like it...! :rolleyes:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Tom Cruise
    colleagues
    shoulder
    lunch break
    baby