E-mail notifications

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by DublinBass, Sep 3, 2004.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

With the new format I was recieving e-mail notifications with all PMs and all thread responses. I have managed to turn off the PM email notifications under the "Edit Options" under "USERCP", but can't seem to turn off the thread response e-mails. I set the "default thread subscription mode" to "no email notification," but that doesn't seem to do the job.

No rush, but help would be appreciated.
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Doing what you actually did Pat should have fixed this. You can even set which type of notification you want for each individual thread you are subscribed to. So, if you want to be notified weekly of the 'jokes' thread, then that's fine... and if you want immediate email response for 'player required' then that's Ok too.

It might be to do with us moving server this morning... a few posts have been lost in that process and it might be that the notification got screwed up too. can I ask you to check again... let us know if that sorts it.
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If you go to "Edit options" and move down to "Messaging and notification" you'll find a box marked "Default thread subscription mode".

If you set it to "Do not subscribe" then you shouldn't have any more problems.
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Wehey... take a lookie at Peter.... he's obviously been reading the 'tMP technical manual' whilst we have been offline... hehehehehehe
  5. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I think the settings in usercp only affects new threads that you subscribe to. If you click on each then click on "Thread Tools" and choose "Unsubscribe from this thread" then you should stop getting a million e-mails...:-D

DOH! I was beaten to it whilst my shopping arrived from Tesco... :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Thanks all,

Flugelgal, I think you are on to something there. Since I have changed it I have recieved no e-mail from new threads I have subscribed to. I also (as I recieve the emails) have been unsubscribing from the earlier threads and in the past half hour haven't gotten any new e-mails, so that is a good sign.
  7. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Finally, from the pop up quick links menu, there's a link to "Subscriptions"
    From this screen you can manage each subscription individually, setting the preferred notification method for each - or simply delete them all if you want!