Dyke win another major championship

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by basebonetone, Feb 22, 2009.

1. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

Dyke win again! Congratulations to all in the Black Dyke football team that were victorious in a six-a-side tournament held in Leigh during half term. Other bands/colleges that entered teams included fodens, leyland, faireys and the RNCM. Fodens gave Dyke a run for their money coming back from 4-1 down to 4-3 and scoring two seconds after the final whistle! A great day out and good to see some banders getting some exercise!

2. wilky

wilky Member

football

Really enjoyed it but not the after effects, I couldnt walk for 2 days!!!

3. deave

deave Member

Actually, upon reflection Dykes victory has been deemed invalid as they fielded more than ONE non registered player in their team. Therefore, the victory was Fodens!!

Sorry if this rule wasn't clear before kickoff.... I have just made it up!! lol

4. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

Ditto-I only recovered on sunday morning! Great do though and hopefully make a regular event with more teams? Could catch on!

5. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Go Fodens! Go Fodens! Go Fodens! :terrier

6. brownrob

brownrob Member

Hehe I wonder how long the stamina lasted with some heavy smoking players! :D

7. tuba90

tuba90 Member

this sounds a good idea - were are the best place to find details and things for next years competition?

8. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

Tournament was organised by Dave Morton at Fodens-you could contact him on this thread to see if theres any interest?

9. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Perhaps we southern softies ought to get a footie tournament going against you hardy northerners!!