Dyke on Millionaire

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by lynchie, Oct 15, 2003.

1. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Anyone see the £1000 question on the student special of WWTBAM? What kind of music would you associate with Black Dyke Mills? And they had to ask the audience! I was highly disappointed!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dyke
    Anyone
    kind
    music
    student special
  3. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

oh shame..

I was hoping for Dyke playing the theme tune... or actually competing or something..

would be an interesting way of raising funds though...

John.. anyway to get a tMP team in for that? ;)

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Judging by the experience at the Open, we'd certainly be alright for the coughing signals :wink: :lol: :lol:

5. leisa

leisa Active Member

i was shoutin at the screen it drove me crazy1!!!! how can u not no that?!?!

6. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

you're going to stress out before you're 30! settle! :D

7. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Anyone know where the student was from? :?

8. leisa

leisa Active Member

it were manchester wasnt it?? i dont no but if it was thats even worserer!!

9. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Hmm, maybe they just never came across brass music. We should spread the word!!!!

10. leisa

leisa Active Member

we should!!! let them no about the wonder!!! hmmm if she came from leeds that would have been unforgivable!

11. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

This thread is making me want to go and preach about brass banding! Lol!
    I say we do a mass band job one day, of all the brass bands in GB, in the middle of London in a big glass box dangling from a bridge and maybe we'll get loads of attention....

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dyke
    Anyone
    kind
    music
    student special
  13. leisa

leisa Active Member

yer thennn we could cut off each others ears......just for fun!!! hehe i am going to paint TMP all over the college door hmmmmmm........ :D :p

14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Besses were on the weakest link a while ago too.

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

She was at Manchester Uni, but I don't think she was a manc girl... but then, Dyke are internationally famous! ...right?

16. Who are 'Dyke'?? Foss Dyke :p ?

17. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

no...
    Grimsdyke Brass.

18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

very sorry, in future i will take the time to type out the full name of the band... :oops:

19. Moy

Moy Active Member

There was a similar time on Mastermind when there was a question about The Peatcutters. I actually knew the answer and the guy didn't.

Maxwell Davis was commissioned to write it for the National Youth Brass Band of Scotland and boy do I remember working on it. Was cornet tutor that year.

20. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

There was a question on the 5th Anniversary edition of WWTBAM for either £1000 or £2000 where the answer was Flugal Horn.
    I can't remember the question or the other three answers, but it was Judith Keppell and David Seaman who struggled at it! I don't think they used a lifeline though!!