Dyke library scandel. ??

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by catastraphone, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catastraphone

catastraphone Member

While having a chat at band last night, I was told, with some confidence that nick Childs has managed to buy the Black Dyie library!

Surely this cannot be true? If it is, it's obscene as how on earth can dyke "move on" to another md.

We Were discussing the merits of having all three of the Childs boys involved heavily up there.

I had the audacity to suggest that a 9th at the nationals may be the end really for Dr Nick. Oh no, it seems not if this library buying Kasoerov esq move is true!!!

This is awful, imagine a banker, who on getting sacked can then claim to own Nat Wests records for the last 150 years!! It's just wrong!!!!

Tell me its BS guys. Please.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    The Godfather
    free pies
  3. Damocles

Damocles Member

Sounds a very strange story to me but, then stranger things have happened - I await the announcement with bated breath? As to Nick being sacked as a result of being 9th at the Nationals I doubt that very much. Nick has brought so much to Black Dyke and has had a great deal of contest success as well as keeping the band at the forefront of the banding world with other initiatives.

4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Where's that wooden spoon smiley when you need it?

5. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Sonorous will probably have all the answers !

I'll go now !

6. simonium

simonium Member

And I may be far off the mark, but didn't the good Dr recently sign a new 10 year contract? I will admit there may no truth in that although it did come from a "reliable source".

7. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

No one person is bigger than Black Dyke. but a change is, in my opinion well overdue. Watch this space, my sources suggest a big change is on the way, and this information was around before the Nationals result.
    Ciao, CORLEONE.

8. Damocles

Damocles Member

I heard from a very reliable source who happened to be visiting his Aunty in Aberdeen, who is related to a friend of hers in Coventry who also knows the local butcher in Bradford who makes pies for the local shop further down the road from the Dyke Bandroom that the band are doing a few concerts in the local area over the next 12 months!

9. Ianroberts

You made that up !

didnt you ?

10. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

I know that butcher, his pies are excellent. Just ask any portly Welshman that you might find wandering around Queensbury with a sackfull of brass band music.

11. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I would guess that it's all accurate other than the reference to "a very reliable source" which was obviously made up :)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    The Godfather
    free pies
  13. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

A lot of football managers have long contracts, just ask some of the ones who did'nt manage to fullfill them.

14. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

This is begining to sound like one of those political statements that we get over here, when the Prime Minister states that he has 'every confidence' in whoever, prior to sacking him. Believe me, changes at The Dyke are on the way.

15. Ianroberts

I was talking to "someone in the know" and they have informed me that the Great Dr is going to be unveiled as the new Blackburn Manager

16. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

What odds will you offer Ian that he will point u in the right direction within 24 hours ?

17. Ianroberts

Oh please no !

[​IMG]

18. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

I was told that the Blackburn job was being offered to C Brian Buckley. I understand that this was to help him recover from the recent pressures experienced at the ABBA caused by the severe secreterial pressures inflicted upon him due to recent events.

19. Ianroberts

are you calling me a liar ?

20. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

O M G. Am I to expect litigation, or must I attend a course on 'how to respond properly to serious and objective posting on TMP' ? No you are not a liar, you are simply misinformed.

21. Ianroberts

Just heard that Sven Goran Erickson has been appointed at Dyke on a £6m contract !

22. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

Plus free pies?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.