DW Heritage Horn Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by MrsDoyle, Sep 20, 2009.

1. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

Does anyone have any experiences of the above? I can't find any reviews and there is no mention on the DW website.
  2. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

I tried one for a week or so, but found a bit of a lack of substance behind them. Can't really explain but the rim seemed thinner and would nearly slip off my lips. Although they produced a nice round sound I couldn't cope with the lack of 'grip' (for want of a better word).
  3. Goldie Horn

Goldie Horn Member

I'm really loving my 1A at the moment (liked the bigger rim on the 1A rather than the 1). To be fair, have only had it a week so lots more playing to be done on it. Produces a big sound for me (2nd horn player). It's harder work as it's a big mouthpiece but it feels nice on the lips and with a bit more practise I'm sure the higher notes will get easier.

So I like it so far! :clap:
  4. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Yeah, I was with Goldie Horn at Open and we both bought a Heritage 1A from the trade stand there. First impression is that the wider rim feels much more comfortable that my old DW3....also, I like the full sound and the upper register seems great! Then again, that could all change after i've been blowing on it for a while - i'll let you know how it goes.
  5. monody

monody Member

I bought a 2A at the Regionals in Stevenage. And I really like it.

A couple of months ago I bought a 1A but I don't get on so well with that so, if you'd like to buy it, send me a PM.