DVD Players

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

My Surround Sound DVD Player has become a tad unreliable, so I've bought a cheap one to tide me over until I can afford a new one.

It's made by Mico, and cost £29.99 at Savacentre.

The picture is excellent, far better than I expected, and the only fault in the design is that the DVD doesn't override the screen size to widescreen. (Leaves it at 4:3 even when the movie is wodescreen.)

Today, I did my seekly shop in Savacentre, and they had a Mico Cinema System for £59.99 (Manager's Special, usually £79.99), and a Mico DVD recorder for £99.99. (According to the shelf label, it is DVD+ only, but that seems unlikely.)

Amazing how qucikly prices come down...

At these prices, Mico may just be worth a punt.
  2. rutty

rutty Active Member

That sounds very much like similar systems made by Pacific as sold in ASDA. The cheap stuff like this is often very usable and the Pacific cinema surround system my mum has sounds pretty good - obviously it's not going to be spectacular quality they're pretty good for the cash :)
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... there's also a lot of good reports about the Pacific 900 DVD player sold in ASDA. Only £29.74. Specs. are:- 2 Channels. DVD, CD, CD-R, and MP3 Compatible Formats. Digital Audio Out. 1 Scart Socket.
  4. jonford

jonford Member

I would personally recommend Richer Sounds for cheap, good make DVD players. Most of their prices are very competitive and no I don't work for them!
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I've been thinking about getting myself a DVD player.... just a cheapy one.... Some of the cheaper ones are a make I've actually heard of.... nice to know that the quality etc is still going to be pretty good :)

Nice to see threads like this to give me some reassurrance :)