DVD - Heritage - Black Dyke Band

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by John Brooks, Jun 13, 2005.

1. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Just spotted this new addition to the WoB website. Any further information Carl? At first I thought it was a pre-order for the recent Anniversary Concert but obviously not so.

2. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

ooh yes,

i too would be very interested in a dvd of that nature. is it to do with their 173rd anniversary or whatever it is?

uncle eric

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There was a major article in the British Bandsman about this production a few months ago, and in particular how they had linked up with swordsmen and actors to illustrate the various aspects.

4. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

It's called Heritage and was available for the first time at Bridgewater Hall, Manchester last Friday.

Here's a brief synopsis; A groundbreaking DVD combining two histories. One is a version of history, of the Heritage of a Nation, as the title implies. The other is the Anniversary of one of the oldest and proudest brass bands, and with it the Heritage of a musical culture which thrives on all the populated continents of the world.

5. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Ordered mine yest, cant wait, should be good!

Got quite a few brass band DVDs now, and Im all for more and more coming out, showing concerts and contests that you cant get to or you just want to see again from a different angle. I think you can learn alot from watching them.

(and also the other day I just noticed Peter Roberts' 3rd slide falling out in Euro 2004, in middle of Spheres, bet you couldnt see that from the audience!)

Maybe silly idea, but what about maybe having say 1 covering either the National Championships, Open or the Euros, but with coverage of every band on it, playing their test-piece? So you could compare band to band and you can make up your own mind of how they played, or would that not be popular, or feesable?!! (Cos wouldve liked to have seen Dyke or others on last years Open DVD, with the way the results panned out!)

Or maybe you would just get bored!! :rolleyes:

6. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Received my copy last week and it is a top notch production. Well done WoB.

7. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Thanks for the endorsement, John.