Durham Uni Colleges Bar Crawl

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by geordiecolin, May 24, 2004.

1. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Trying to stop the "Beer Drinkers" thread becoming overrun!!!

Spoken to Neil and some others... Reckon a college bar-crawl would be feasible weds 16th/thurs 17th June..

Not sure as how it would work re: non-students?

What do people reckon?

2. rickc's

rickc's New Member

Most colleges will let in guests (students or non-students) providing they are with Durham students so if we got enough durham students then it would probably be fine. If some places are awkward there are plenty more to go at and there's always the option of overrunning to such fine places as: Shakey, Swan & 3, New Inn, Colpitts, Varsity, Dun Cow, Victoria, The Angel, Woodman, Hogshead, Chase, Walkabout, Wetherspoons and many more.

3. six pints

six pints Active Member

thursday 17th will be much much much better cos its the collingwood summer ball on the wed, so not only will i not be able to go on the wed, i dont even know if our bar is open! and since its the best, it would be a shame to miss out.
    cmon, make it a thursday!!

4. six pints

six pints Active Member

i think u'll find it's called rah-sity! scarf and duffel coats at the ready!!

ever noticed that wetherspoons is called the water house? a wetherspoons named after me- my dreams have come true!!

also i have a link to a *cough* impartial guide to college bars, including the only possible order to go round them in one night http://www.dur.ac.uk/collingwood.handbook/guidetocollegebars.pdf. enjoy!

5. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

the amateurs guide you mean! we'll get in the college bars, I'm sure sparkling quavers will testify to my golden tongue, so getting in wont be a problem, but may have to miss the posh people at college and hatfield out anyway, although I've been in hatfield as a 'member' of hatfield before!

well, will be a fun night, thursday sounds good to me, except I have a concert on the friday night!

ps, me and rick can do a good bar crawl of college bars or not, we've done both enough together!

6. six pints

six pints Active Member

finally, something to look forward to after not sleepin for more then an hour in the last two days!

7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

well if no one else is going to say it...

beurgh...

8. rickc's

rickc's New Member

Neil, you do know that we're playing Mahler 1 on the friday? I'm playing the the 4th part where I sit there for 50 mins and only have about 5 notes to play but there's a bit more in it for you though. Thursday sounds OK but if Marcus or Nath find out they won't be happy.

9. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Ho Ho, what's this? Some whit friday shenanigans maybe on the cards...

10. RobertJohn

RobertJohn New Member

Good eggs, I'm up for a crawl.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    others
    people
    thread
    college bar-crawl
  12. missflugel

missflugel Member

I'll be up for that bad boy of a bar crawl. Count me in.

Jo x

13. geordiecolin

you big woman!!!

A whole day to recover! You'll be rate!!!

Oh aye, the post i put on t'other day got lost in the server change...

I'm not playing the Mahler but wll be in the Uni Brass Band on the weekend!

14. missflugel

missflugel Member

Good lad Colin, our half an hour concert then on the lash is a perfect way to end term!! Hope you've got your dancing shoes on for Klute then the Prince Bishop boat trip

Jo x

15. geordiecolin

OOO errr!! not sure bout that, starting a work placement in Morpeth the day after, so should really be home on sunday night.. dammit!!

16. rickc's

rickc's New Member

Klute and then the bish, Oh Dear

Maybe we could drag Ray out with us!

17. missflugel

missflugel Member

Richard, Richard, Richard

NO!!!!!

Jo x

18. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

yes, they will go mad rick, but that's why it's a good job neither are on here!

and colin, I don't have any of the next day off!

rick, do you remember last year when we had hild-bede ball! better not let that happen again!

19. rickc's

rickc's New Member

This year I will try my best to turn up to the rehearsal having been home the night before. I may even not be wearing my tux from the previous night and won't try and play the Saint-Saens organ symphony in Durham cathedral without any music.

How many people are interested in a Durham bar crawl?

20. jambo

jambo Member

this the same concert that certain foolish local banding personnel are helping out at?

If so then i'm sure a night out with the raas is on the cards.

21. missflugel

missflugel Member

Yes James, the very same concert so as we are only playing for approx. half an hour it would be a shame to not sample some local public houses.

Jo x

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    others
    people
    thread
    college bar-crawl