Durham Miners Gala

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by geordiecolin, Apr 29, 2003.

1. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

What is the date for this year's gala?

Does anyone whose going have space in a band for a EEb Bass??
    I will be coming from Northumberland (Tyne Valley) but could easily arrange to meet somewhere on Tyneside

2. geordiecolin

Ignore the first question, its on:

Sat 12th July
  3. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Bring On The Beer
  4. geordiecolin

:guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness

:lol: :lol:
  5. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Only taking it easy then Colin????
  6. geordiecolin

yeah, well you know you have to be responsible. playing takes priority!
  7. dave jake

dave jake Member

Hi Colin Dunston need u one of our Eb s has decided he can t march anymore. We would love to have u for the day. 8) 8)
  8. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

rubbish. its the who can do the most outlandish thing outside the county
  9. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

I can't wait, I love Durham Day!!! Last year I was that ratted at 10pm I had to get a taxi home, there's no way I could last any longer!

10. geordiecolin

I would be honoured to help you out, especially if big John Myers is going along to play sop. it'll be an old school reunion!! I'll contact you for details at a later date.

You have to love Durham Day! It rocks. I did it with Felling a few of years back marching under Chopwell's banner. What a strange place that is, the communist hot bed of britain and im not kidding you!!
  11. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Coming from a Mining family i feel really proud that there are some people still left who fly the flag ( so to speak ) for that lost industry and in some cases way of life.

And feel even prouder to take part.

Plus its a great beer up :p :p
  12. geordiecolin

Its a testament to the proud and loyal nature of north-easterners that so many banners and bands still regularly attend the event, despite the lack of collierys
  13. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Aww Felling, they were my first band! Me and the boyfriend are either going to do it with Pride Valley who we did it with last year or Easington who were my band when I was at home. Either way it's going to be so much fun!

14. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

Jayne, if you are playing with Pride Valley this year you better last longer than last time. We were there till about 3 in the morning although my better half fell asleep in the bar at 1. I love pints of shag in the grass me!! If PVB and Easington let you down you can play with Dunston. managed to have seven pints before we even left for Durham last year!! 8) If not I'll CU back at the Vane. Even the ever ready players managed to stay later than you :lol:
  15. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

I'll try to last longer! I'm so glad the Vane's only a taxi ride away from my house, I can go when I can't take anymore alcohol! I half remember coming home last year, my Mum sent me straight to bed!

Did Ever Ready not play in the Cathedral though? If they did I'd have had a right head start on them.

The boyfriend and I are trying to sort out a holiday and the only time we can have it is the first 2 weeks in July; we've got to try and fit it round our band jobs and Durham Day if we can. I'll be gutted if we miss it!!

16. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Yes jayne we were in the cathederal last year. But not this year hooray.
    More ale for all
  17. jfenwick

jfenwick Member

last year it was my first time doing durham day.
    I was knackered, I had to played the orchestral cymbals which are dead heavy coz our marching ones are naff. I nearly collapsed onto the field.

It's hilarious watching players trying to march and play while drunk