Durham Miners Gala

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by John_D, Jul 30, 2012.

1. John_D

John_D Member

Does anyone have any contact details or know who to contact as we would very much like to play next year, but details seem a little sketchy.

2. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Sketchy? John - I asked the same question this time last year and Michelle Garbutt kindly gave me the details of Dave Hopper at the NUM headquarters in Durham. I was passed form pillar to post, left countless messages and, to this day, no-one has had the decency to respond to my request for info about playing at the Gala. I gave up in the end. Having lived in the North East, and played at the Gala for many years, I recall the frantic calls from bands needing players, and communities desperate for a band to march their banner in. I'm sure Mr Hopper has a busy day job as a Union rep or something, but hey, he can't be that busy - there're hardly any bloomin' mines!
    :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice