Durham Miners Gala - Players needed

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by michellegarbutt, Jun 24, 2003.

1. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

On Saturday July 12th most of the bands in the Durham Area will be taking part in Durham Miners Gala. It's a fabulous day consisting of marching, boozing ect. The bands all march in to the university sports ground leading all the old colliery banners. This year Murton Colliery Band are short of a few players and wondered if any TMP'ers would be available to help. We need front row cornets, horns and basses. If anyone is available either email michellegarbutt@talk21.com or send me a private message. It's a great day out and very much part of the banding tradition up here.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Durham Miners Gala
    most
    marching
    march
    ect
  3. jfenwick

jfenwick Member

also need players (not sure which) for Sunday 6th July afternoon concert and evening concert.

Edit: Month altered from June to JULY - (RT)

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Is that next year or the one just gone :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. jfenwick

jfenwick Member

OK I meant July.

6. michellegarbutt

It was just players for Durham that Lynn asked me to advertise on tmp for

7. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

Hey, Michelle - I've just worked out your name - after thinking is was michellegeller for ages (you know that one from Buffy!).

Sorry MOD's - off topic :oops:

8. michellegarbutt

Our euphonium player turned up to practice last night with a broken leg so now we need to borrow a euph player as well. Can anyone help us out PLEASE

9. jfenwick

jfenwick Member

please help us were desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. michellegarbutt

Come on you lot. We neally need help. PLEASE IS ANYONE THERE

11. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hi Michelle,

As promised to you at Easingwold I have checked my dates and I am unfortunately unable to help. I wish you lots of luck finding the deps you require.

I have made this thread a 'sticky' for you so it gets top priority until the weekend.

:wink:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Durham Miners Gala
    most
    marching
    march
    ect
  13. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Oh dear, you are in a pickle!

I'm playing with Dunston, but as soon as i've done their march i'll give you ring (Stan gave me his no on Whit Friday), and if you haven't gone down yet, i'll leg it back to the top and do it again with you.

However, from what i've heard, Dunston traditionally go down quite late on, which may scupper things, but unfortunately that is the most i can offer you.

Good Luck!!

14. michellegarbutt

All we need now are some basses. We will pay very generous expenses that will take in to account how far you travel. Liquid refreshments will be provided during the day and we can provide accomodation if required. If anyone can help please ring me on 01429271463 or mobile 07791854976. We will be grateful for any help

15. jfenwick

jfenwick Member

pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeee help us were near to suicide, for my sake ppppppllllllllleeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssseeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now if that isnt desperation I don't know what is?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

16. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

if anyone's umming or arrrring over whether to go. GO!!!!! it's a great day out!