Durham Miners Gala 9th July

Discussion in 'Deputies Wanted' started by Smooth and Sop'histicated, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Knottingley Silver need baritone, euphonium and bass players for Duram miner's gala this Saturday, 9th July. Any other players fancying a blow are more than welcome!

We've been asked at extremely short notice to play for one of the organisations who've been let down by a band. The gala is a very big event up there and a great day out!

Transport and beer provided!

Please contact: 0780-156-2156.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    miner
    bass
    players
    welcome
    notice
  3. winterman

winterman Member

Welcome to your first Durham! You're in for a treat (just make sure you have sensible footwear!) :D I hope it's the first of many for you!

Drig are already up there for it mate, or I would have offered. I really don't envy you having to get organised on a weeks notice!!

If you can help Knottingley (or any of the 100+ bands) out folks, it is a fantastic day out and helps to keep a great piece of our heritage going! They always put on a great show, it's just the bands that are falling by the wayside sadly :(

It's one of the events our band reminisce about all year round, with some fantastic (and sometimes quite surreal) memories! ;)