Durham Miners Gala 2008 ... Who's going?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Drummer_cornetgirl91, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Well... it's Durham Miners Gala this Saturday (12th July) and was just curious as to which bands were going. I think it should be a cracking day... even more so if the weathers nice. Saying that, Durham is normally a good day out anyway, marching... loads of people and most importantly of all ... LOTS OF ALCOHOL !!!!:) So Whos Going ? ... You never know... might see someone you know there.
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Ohio Brass Band are looking forward to representing Bowburn.
  3. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

Dobcross will be there with our hats! :biggrin:
  4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Westoe will be there with the Aged Miners Homes banner. Early start, but because they're old, we only march in and don't march out. Hurrah! More beer instead!
  5. paul johnson

paul johnson New Member

Uppermill Band will be there, looking forward to a long day.
  6. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Hmmm, another alcoholic day for you guys up there!!!
  7. The Blonde

The Blonde Member

Bring it on, I can't wait! Best banding day of the year. Looking forward to meeting the lads & lasses from Ohio brass band - wonder what they will make of the Prison Officers' Club....:D
  8. bigcol

bigcol Member

And just to cheer everyone up, rain is forecast for Saturday.
  9. millie6589

millie6589 Member

Shepherd Building Group will be there :)
  10. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Felling will be there. Williams Tell at The County again - urgh
  11. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Ha ha, think we're doing Cossack Wedding Dance again.
  12. six pints

six pints Active Member

Wansbeck's Ashington are going for Ryhope again. St Louis Blues at the county if I remember correctly. Now if I can only get out of a concert on saturday night I may be able to drunk it up as well!
  13. Tubah

Tubah Member

Yorkshire Co op will be there. At least I hope so or I'm travelling across country to play on my own. Cant wait!!!

14. Ali

Ali Member

I'll be there but I cant promise what sort of a state I'll be in! See you all there (if my eyes can focus)!!!
  15. Lucian Carstairs

Lucian Carstairs New Member

And specially the queue to get a pint of beer
  16. winterman

winterman Member

Drighlington are there again (thankfully no Cathedral trip for us this year especially seen as I will be playing Eb Bass!!) :D

Leaving our bandroom at 5:20AM!! Ouch!
  17. paul johnson

paul johnson New Member

Thats late were setting off at 4.15am (ouch 2)
  18. Esscee

Esscee New Member

It's my first Durham Miners Gala. I've been to several Miners Galas in the past, as we are a colliery band, but it's my first one at Durham.

So, what's all the fuss?
  19. john.bailey

john.bailey New Member

what time done the first band get into durham on saturday i am a player with carlton brass in nottm but do originally come from langley park also is langley park banner going to be there
  20. leebarrie

leebarrie New Member

Carlton Main Frickley will be there again this year.