Durham Light Infantry Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by geordiecolin, May 22, 2006.

1. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Does anybody know any of the timeframes for the DLI contest in June? Specifically, a projected kick off time for Section B?

Cheers.

2. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I'm having enough trouble remembering what section we are in yet alone the times!! I think if i'm not wrong that if it's still durham league tables then we will be 4th and not 3rd section Can someone tell me the borrowing rules too cos I've agreed to help another band out in the 2nd section.

3. geordiecolin

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

from the above quoted site ...

5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

3rd/4th section are together and we start at 10.30

6. imthemaddude

Oooooo the draw is on there too! It's two very random sections. The A section has 1 4th section band, 1 3rd, 1 2nd section and 3 1st if I am correct. The B section has 1 1st section, 1 2nd, 1 3rd and 2 4th and I also thought we were going. Colin???? So could be an interesting day.

7. bigcol

bigcol Member

Me too. Hence the reason we've been rehearsing for 4 weeks for it.

8. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

The top section starts at 1.00 ish. I was told the other section starts at 10 and there were five bands in it but if anyone withdraws that may change.

Lynda's right the top section are a mixed bag. Bearpark and Esh are 4th Section nationally but must have been promoted because they won the 3rd section durham contest last year. Spennymoor conducted by my good self are in the 3rd Section nationally, although we have not contested for a while because we lost so many players in the last 12 months. Billingham Silver are also 3rd Section I think. Then there are Langbaugh, Easington and Broughtons 1st Section Nationally. Should be close between Easington and Langbaugh I reckon but as long as the rain stays off who cares!! :) If there are any Eb players not signed with a band and would be willing to sign for Spennymoor for this contest PM me.;)

9. geordiecolin

Cheers guys. If top section is due to start at 1, it means that we will have played by then which means i can go to an orchestra rehearsal later on :D

10. imthemaddude

Was told at band last night that we are not going to the contest. Never mind, col we can put the stuff in the summer programme (I had more bars rest than notes to play anyway lol!!) That means I've already done my last contest with Five Rivers :(

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Durham Light Infantry
    any
    contest
    anybody
    Section B
  12. bigcol

bigcol Member

Erm... Why we not going?

13. imthemaddude

Because Teresa didn't send off the entry form and they have already done the draw. :( It's a shame but never mind. You can get a proper rep player now !!

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  14. bigcol

bigcol Member

Proper is the wrong adjective to use - quieter maybe? :biggrin:

15. imthemaddude

:eek: :eek: :eek: shhhh they will send my transfer form back!!

It's a nice day listening to all the bands anyway even if they are up against higher section bands - it keeps the better bands on their feet and the lower bands something to aim for.

16. geordiecolin

...tell me about it!!

Who've you signed for then Lynda?

17. imthemaddude

A really nice and friendly band. Best keep on topic. Bet your band is looking forward to the contest Colin?

18. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Well that describes us but you haven't sent me any transfer forms