Durham League Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by geordiecolin, Oct 23, 2005.

1. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

So, another year another trip to the Durham League. It'll be the first time I've played there for a while and indeed the first time Westoe have made the contest this century!

For those interested, the draw is now available at http://www.dcbba.org.uk

I'm looking forward to it and also to the fact that it hasn't been cancelled which is currently a worrying trend in the north east contesting scene.

See you all there for a bevvy or 3.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Durham League Contest So
    Durham League
    Westoe
    Durham League Contest
    year
  3. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

What is worrying about this contest is the lack of commitment from the local bands.Numbers have dropped this year. I attend the association meetings regularly and I know before I go the same half dozen bands or so will be there every time. The rest never send word to say why they aren't there but are the first to complain when they don't like something. We have tried moving the time and venue of the meetings to suit more people with no success and apart from the band s that have folded we've no idea why. We have written to and approached bands that don't attend or haven't renewed their membership just to try and get some feedback on why but have had little or no success

On a brighter note Colin Murton will certainly see you there

4. geordiecolin

5. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

When is the league contest?

I won't be there but just wondering, should be interesting set of results, not least because of the bands who aren't there!

6. michellegarbutt

November 27th

7. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I've heard that 2 bands have pulled out of the Section A contest. Boo.

8. geordiecolin

....oh well, shorter queue at the bar then!

9. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Which 2 have dropped out? Anyone know?

10. michellegarbutt

I've also heard on the grapevine (although I do not know if it is fact) that Barnard Castle have pulled out of the 3rd section which just leaves 3 of us in.

11. aqua76

aqua76 Member

Come on the Trimdon!!!

:D

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Durham League Contest So
    Durham League
    Westoe
    Durham League Contest
    year
  13. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I have heard (although correct me if I'm wrong) that Spennymoor and Broughtons may not be competing at the League.

Is there a bar in the venue or will we have to walk to a nearest pub? Will we all have the spewy bug that hit Brass in Concert last year? Ooh the suspense is killing me!!

Canny wait though, should be a good day out!

14. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Durham League is a beauty! I miss that contest!

Jayne x

15. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I'll drink on your behalf then doll!!

16. michellegarbutt

yes there's a bar

17. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Not being funny like but band + bar = contest Band + no bar = is there such a thing?

18. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Cheers mate, you're so good to me!

19. michellegarbutt

I was at an association meeting this morning so can give an update on withdrawls

Section D
    Stanhope Silver

Section C
    Barnard Castle

Section A
    Spennymoor Town

Greggs have also indicated unless they can find some basses they will be forced to withdraw from Section A

20. geordiecolin

Lol, I wouldn't profess to know the piece well, but I would imagine that Diversions on a Bass Theme would probably require some sort of Bass section..... :biggrin: :p :D

21. six pints

six pints Active Member

nah, its just in the title to confuse people!

ull certainly see me in the bar. part of me is thinking i shouldnt drink after my spectacular effort last night (not entirely sure how i got home....) but im sure i could be persuaded!

22. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

True, actually, since the "Bass" in question refers to the brewery, as much as the instrument ;)