Durham Conductors Course Finale

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Andy_Euph, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

This is this weekend I think?

A good line up of pieces, might go along to listen.

Good luck to those who have taken part....especially me dad (biased!!!!!!!!!) :twisted:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Durham Conductors Course Finale This
    pieces
    good line
    weekend
  3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

might see you there :D

4. missflugel

missflugel Member

Dont forget the half an hour concert by the uni band first :wink: Oh its joy upon joy this weekend.

JO x

5. Horace

Horace Member

Should definitely be worth a look. RVER program includes extracts from Festival Music, Paganini Variations, Year of the Dragon and others which I can't remember. Great selection of music. More importantly however, the uni band are kicking the concert off with a program including Plantagenates(?), Concerto de orange juice (Go Jo :wink: ), Demelza ( :evil: ), Cute and The President.

6. Horace

Horace Member

Starts at 7pm this Sunday at the concert hall/ badmington court that is James Knott Hall at Trevelyan College, Durham. Anyone wanting directions send me or Jo a pm.

7. jambo

jambo Member

Just keep the beers coming for your favourite deps, by sat night I know someone who'll need them! :wink:

8. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

What beer?? I never got a free pint!!! :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :wink:

Was driving so only had the one and that had to be purchased by my good self cos Jo was away preening herself!! :evil: :wink:

40p pints of lemonade though... bargain!! :roll: :(

Good concert I thought, could have been a lot lot lot worse seeing as a lot of the band were playing off either 1 or none rehearsals!!!

PS. It wasn't me who put that stray bass note in at the end of The President!!

9. missflugel

missflugel Member

Sorry Colin, the stress all got too muh but once I got to Trev's I could have stretched to a lemonade for you. Cheers for helping out, and I hope a good night was had by all. I'll buy you a drink next time :wink:

Jo x

10. stickandbone

stickandbone New Member

Thanks to all that helped us out at the concert. Only Euph, Bari & Horn sections were untarnished by ringers, but still, good stuff and I hope it doesn't detract from the fact that we have a lot of excellent players who rehearse with us every week.

Hats off to Steve and Jo - having blown their lips to shreds on Saturday night, they turned in quality performances, not just in their solo items.

Also, well done to Reg Vardy band. I'm surprised half of them were able to stand up after being put through that ordeal twice in a day, with not much break.

The incredible DUBB shall return....

11. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats not like him (Tounge Firmly In Cheek)

Im glad I missed it. Sounds like it was a bit of an extreme day.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Durham Conductors Course Finale This
    pieces
    good line
    weekend
  13. Andy, your dad's not the great Tony Griffiths once of Greggs and Brown Ale Bands is he? If he is will you say hello from me. (Say hello anyway, I'm sure he's a nice bloke :lol: )

14. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

You're telling me - I was totally gefurrckled!!!!!!!
    Next stop 27 times round La Croix Valmer!!!!

15. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yup thats him. I think I remember you, you played bass?

Anyway good luck at the Nationals this year :)

16. Horace

Horace Member

'Quality'. That's one word for Demelza. I can think of another - *Bleepin bleep*!

And you forgot to mention someone else - thought that fella in the middle did a bloody marvellous job wagging his stick! You've got a big future somewhere laddo! Look out Mr Farr! :wink:

17. Horace

Horace Member

Didn't realise that second one was a swear word?!?!? :?

18. That's me. Your brother still playing?

19. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yeah he's on sop with Ellington now, don't like him being there... a sop who can blow super D's at FFF is not a good thing :twisted:

20. Sparky

Sparky Member

Think yourself lucky that you don't sit directly in front of him!! :wink: :D

21. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yeah but then you don't have to sit opposite him AND you honking out notes at FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :D :D

Also you don't have farting ducks (i.e. troms) sitting behind you either, John :p

22. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Can we get back on topic, please!