Dukeries Entertainment Contest - Results

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Janet Watkins, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

1st Carlton Brass - 132pts (out of 150)
    2nd Strata Brass - 126pts
    3rd Long Eaton - 117pts

Best 3rd Section Band not in prizes - Shirland Welfare Training
    Best 4th Section Band not in prizes - Kirkby Colliery

Best Soloist - Carl Ramplin - Euphonium, Long Eaton

Adjudicator - Kevin Wadsworth

Despite to very frequent and heavy showers a good time was had by all.

Janet

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dukeries Entertainment Contest - Results 1st Carlton Brass - 132pts
    Strata
    Shirland Welfare Training Best 4th Section Band
    Kirkby Colliery Best
    Kevin Wadsworth
  3. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Sunny_Jimbob as you have never seen him before!

[​IMG]

:shock:

Janet

4. birdman

birdman New Member

dukeries entertainments contest

Shirland were awrded 116 pts, Kirkby were awarded 115 pts

Kirkby are very pleased with their performance which was credited by the adjudicator in his final summing up on the bands adjudication sheet, well done to all considering the weather.

Nice to see and hear from an adjudicator who knows the way he wants to see the points being split up on an entertainment contest.

Hope to see you all there next year, welldone to the organisers and the sponsors, GOOD CONTEST :lol:

5. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Wheyo! Just how i imagined it Nick!! :lol:

6. be alrite for a passport photos be a good laugh at the passport office

7. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Well done to Carl and Shaz a great result :p

8. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

thanks guys, great result for LE and my little brother Carl!!,
    BTW I didnt hear a bad band all day, top marks to all, especially Bestwood, making a comeback after 8 years!!... keep it up you guys!! :wink:

9. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Cheers Shaz, many thanks for helping us out today and a big thank you to your brother Carl for stepping in at short notice. It was a great day for Bestwood being back on the contesting scene after a long period of absence. The band is very pleased with the result and with the adjudicators comments - a lot of positive feedback was given. :D

10. Brian

Brian Member

Dukeries Entertainment Contest results

Sharon, Carl, Trevor thanks for doing such a great job helping us out at Bestwood. Well we are back, and the first one is over and done, as the saying goes "The only way is up " great to be back on the scene, and looking forward to the next one..

11. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Re: dukeries entertainments contest

yes Totally agree, also well done shirland and Kirkby, both very good performances I thought. :wink:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dukeries Entertainment Contest - Results 1st Carlton Brass - 132pts
    Strata
    Shirland Welfare Training Best 4th Section Band
    Kirkby Colliery Best
    Kevin Wadsworth
  13. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Thanks Janet... :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :shock: :shock: :wink: :wink: :wink:

(you all know you're impressed really! :roll:)

14. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Tragic, I would have liked to have seen that live! Unfortunately the band had to do a park job in the afternoon (however it was gloriously sunny in Newark while we played - bestwood are obviously blessed I'd say).

15. euphemism

euphemism Member

Dukeries

thanks for all the messages of congratulations - for LE - and also for winning the Soloist Award.

I must say there were 2 or 3 that I thought were in contention... but it is nice to be given the nod....

Bizarre - looking down on a tent with a band in and a few dozen people braving the elements...
    Well done to Strata for playing outside in it and continuing - a great programme - also to the other bands - especially Carlton who played in the worst of the waether -under cover tho !!but it did make your job more difficult.

What other hobby would people be mad enough to carry on under such circumstances.

Another well done to Bestwood - nice to play with some 'old friends' - is it really 20 years...Keep blowing Jeff - and best of luck over the next few weeks to a great baritone player.... you know who you are .... and well done Brian - love the conductor's dialogue before Stars and Stripes

A great contest... :lol:

16. euphemism

euphemism Member

dear moderators please remove 2 duplicate posts - it - the computer told me it was not complete... if you are really kind you can edit out my speallling misteakes two !!

Thx

Euphemism

now been told how to edit - thx 'older sister'

:oops: