Duets for Euphonium and Soprano

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by WelshEuphNatty, Aug 24, 2004.

1. WelshEuphNatty

WelshEuphNatty New Member

Thinking of doing something corny and entering a duet competion with hubby.

Sooo does anyone know of any nice Sop / Euph duets out there?

thanks

Natalie
    2nd Euph Ratby Co-operative Band
    Leics

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Thinking
    something
    Euph
    anyone
    Natalie 2nd Euph
  3. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

ive not heard any (but that doesnt mean there isnt!!) I think that Andrew Lloyd Webber one from the Phantom of The Opera 'All I Ask of You' (maybe) is a Euph & Bb Cornet duet, I reacon that could easily be transposed for Eb Sop.
    Again - not sure - should have researched it really!
    Good Luck anyway!

4. djstoneham

djstoneham New Member

There is an arrangement of Barcelona done by Philip Harper as a Sop/Euph duet. Published by Wright and Round.

5. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Doh!
    In Grandfather's Clock by Geo. Doughty there is a Soli part with Sop & Euph at the beginning... then the Euph carries on with the twiddly bits!

6. RatbyPhil

RatbyPhil Member

Nat,

I personally think that you would be better off doing a B Flat cornet and euph duet with the far better looking chap that lives across the road from you.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

7. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Somehow I get the feeling that you might live across from Nat.. No idea where I got that idea from. :roll: Just call me psychic! :wink:

8. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

There's an SA piece called "I'll not turn back" (by Ivor Bosanko I think but its been a few years since I looked at it ) , again scored for Euph and Bflat cornet , but easily adjustable. Generally lyrical, but with some nice high work for the solo parts.Also heard a recording by an SA band (again , a while back , may have been Regent Hall but I could be wrong ) of the old Phil Catelinet duet "Deliverance" (more of your trad theme and variations), played on cornet and Euph ( a bit of tinkering from the original version ).Both published by SP&S , and also "Deliverance" used to be available with a piano accompaniment.

9. skweeky

skweeky Member

dont it make my brown eyes blue is score for a tenor horn and flugel but im sure it would work OK on a sop and euph. althogh im not sure whether the high soprano would sound wierd on the lower part lol.

i am currently looking for one aswel...