Duet for flugel and tenor horn

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Di, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Di

Di Active Member

Does anyone know any good duets for flug and horn, preferably one that stands well without band as they play regularly in solo and duet contests :?:
  2. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

i heard a duet for Flugel and horn. A simple arrangement of Share My yoke. Someone had a bit of inspiration and wrote another part. it sounded warm and may i say a nice change.

Surely someone has heard the arrangement.
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

"Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" by Hugh Nash, aka. Goff Richards is good .... although it's a bit low for both instruments, still good though.

4. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

theres one called 'tell him' for flugel and tenor horn based on a duet with celine dion and barbara streisand. i dont know how it would stand up without a band though.
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

In the latest Salvation Army volume of solos for Eb instruments (with piano accompaniment) there is quite an effective duet arrangement of "Jesus Loves me, this I know" by Richard Phillips. It is written in a laid-back style, and although originally written for two horns, the book includes the upper part transposed for flugel. Probably more appropriate for recital use rather than a contest, it may be worth looking at - it also works well as a sax solo :!: :wink: :lol: