Dueling banjos

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Jan 8, 2006.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I'm looking for any kind of sheet music for Dueling Banjos. Please not guitar tabs (?) can't read it...
    Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Have googled it until my eyes crossed but can't find anything remotely like. Got horrible feeling it's still under copyright, since it was an original work for "Deliverance" not an actual trad piece.
    Trust me there is method in my madness and all will be revealed in about 20 years when the statute of limitations runs out.
    BMB
    xx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    banjos
    feeling
    kind
    sheet music
    anything
  3. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

From http://www.filmsite.org/deli.html
    ' One of the film's highlights is a lively, captivating banjo duel of bluegrass music, "Dueling Banjos" (actual title "Feudin' Banjos" - arranged and played by Eric Weissberg with guitarist Steve Mandell). [The song was authored by Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith in the 50s, and copyrighted by the Combine Music Corp.] '

Hope this helps....

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I've heard a Royal Marines Band play it, with a French Horn duo doing the solos.

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

6. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

There are plenty of MIDI versions of this online, if you have any decent music software you should be able to import the MIDI file in and hey presto - you will have the parts in front of you.

7. Tack7

Tack7 Member

Steven Miles arranged it as a tuba duet while at B&R.

Simon

8. Rochdale Youth Band did a xylophone duet of it at the youth entertainment championships in blackpool 05. I have absolutely no idea who wrote it though. LOL, sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

9. Nathan Mills

Nathan Mills New Member

Yes.
    Me and my brother played it at blackpool. i loved every minute of it :p
    shall try and find out and post the composer here. If not sure someone will find it somehow

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

The original composer was in my Adam Frey link above. For the record, the "Duelling Banjos" tune was actually "Feuding Banjos," written by Arthur Smith and first recorded by him for MGM Records in 1955. ;) (FlugelD posted the details first!).

11. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Glad to see basses have attempted it me dear!!! btw instrument back from instrument hospital so will see you tonight

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    banjos
    feeling
    kind
    sheet music
    anything
  13. bigmamabadger

Aha! Tis me old nemesis herself. You made it finally. Jessop-Smythe is sorting this little problem for us.
    BMB
    xx

14. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Thats one problem sorted - but I thinks we need Weatherwax to sort out Matt's dodgy phone malarky!!

15. julestools

julestools Active Member

Ah, the Hedgehog Song - you sing it, I'll play it!!

I think Mistress Weatherwax needs to do a bit of hexing regarding the dodgy phone etc.

xx

Jules

16. bigmamabadger

Sod hexing it. I find a lump hammer most useful in cases like this. And not just on the phone. Dirty little ******.
    BMB
    xx

17. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

I thinks Madam Badger is talking alot of sense. The dirty boy and the phone is beyond magic. I'd suggest a good whopping but you know Bass players - think it as luvly reward so they would. Jules and Gittens being the exception of coure :roll: !!

Gitts how is Newport??????????

18. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member