Dudley Bright to lead Becontree

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Becontree Brass Band, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Becontree Brass Band (London & Southern Counties) are absolutely delighted and thrilled to announce that Dudley Bright has been engaged to lead the band at the Butlins Mineworkers contest, and at the Areas in March.

Dudley has been Principal Trombone of the London Symphony Orchestra since 2000. Before that he was for many years in the same seat at the Philharmonia Orchestra. He studied at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, graduating in 1974. Dudley is also Professor of Trombone at the Royal Academy of Music. In 2004 he was featured soloist in Grimethorpe Colliery Band's recording 'The History of Brass Band Music- The Salvation Army Connection', playing Eric Leidzen's Concertino for Trombone and Band. Dudley is held in high esteem in the music world, and is regarded as one of the worlds leading trombone players. He also has a wealth of experience both playing in and conducting brass bands, both in Salvation Army circles and in the brass band movement as a whole.

Becontree Brass Band are extremely excited to enter this time of renewal, excitement and anticipation under Dudley's baton. The band has entered a new phase of its history and are delighted to have attracted a man such as Dudley. The band looks forward to sharing his wealth of expertise and focus in particular for the next two major contests.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Grimethorpe Colliery Band
    B
    band
    FONT=Tahoma
    Becontree
  3. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Thats an excellent 'coup' for the band. Good times are ahead, and I wish you all every success! Will look forward to listening (if draws dont coincide) to you at Butlins.

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Great news - maybe it's a good thing I couldn't make his "trial" rehearsal on Monday night :eek:

5. Texus

Texus Member

Nice one- truly one of the great players. Hope the experience is great for both band and Mr Bright!

6. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Sounds like an OFSTED inspection... making sure all the 'bad boys' arent in school that day! ;)

7. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Ok, time for the obvious gag..

So, it looks like a Bright future for Becontree band then...

(I'll get my coat...)

8. Texus

Texus Member

and your p45

9. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member