Dudley Bright recovers after heart bypass

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by PeterBale, Jun 8, 2006.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I found out today that Dudley Bright underwent heart bypass surgery on Tuesday. His daughter Chloe had explained at our wind ensemble concert a couple of weeks back that the doctors had identified heart trouble, and had ordered him to do as little as possible until the operation could be scheduled - she was talking in terms of a quadruple bypass, but I'm not sure if that was what they actually carried out.

The operation apparently went well, and he's now recovering.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Chloe
    Dudley Bright
    heart bypass
    wind ensemble concert
    heart trouble
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Glad to hear all went well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Me too, best wishes to all.

5. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

That's good to hear, a true legend within the brass band movement as a whole. Glad that he is on the road to recovery!

6. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

I spoke to his brother Julian yesterday afternoon (julescornet) who had just visited Dudley in a London hospital.
    Dudley is making steady progress after the major operation that he had on Monday. Julian said that he was listening to old Salvation Army Royal Albert Hall concerts on his MP3 player, so he must be feeling well!

I spoke to Dudley prior to the operation and he was most disappointed to be missing out on a Mahler 3 with the LSO and playing in the Clarence Adoo Brass Band in 2 weeks time!

Best wishes to him for a full and speedy recovery.