Drunken stupor

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by little_miss_marcroft, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Drunkern Stupor ?!

Whilst out in the delightful Rockerdale last night (yes I do mean Rochdale and yes I am lying, it isn't delightful) I slipped on a stupid metal ramp (for disabled access) which was wet from the rain and I think my arm might be now falling off (there goes that old exaggeration again.......) It is all bruised and cut and swollen around my elbow and it WELLLLLLLL HURRRRRRRTS :cry: :cry: The sight of me lying on the floor looking like a total tramp with hair in a puddle and phone half way across the pavement, wasn't an attractive one. It would seem my friends thought it was funny mind!!

How many of you have gone out on a night, drank a wee bit too much of the old sauce and come home with injuries? There must be a few funny ones.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    stupor
    ramp
    Rockerdale
    exaggeration
    cut
  3. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Well I personally haven't, but my next door neighbour had a lot too much one night and tripped over the recycling box in his drive- headfirst into a brick wall. He went to bed and didn't notice a thing- until his wife woke up in a blood-soaked bed (I feel sick already writing about this) and saw how serious his head injury was, Called the paramedics and they said that another half hour bleeding like that would have killed him... he was very lucky. On the way to hospital he told the paramedics to stop so he could buy some fags though! Some things never change!

4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I hurt all over today from drinking far too much last night...no specific injuries, just one almighty hangover.

I usually tend to come home with a fair few R.P.Is when i've been out on the alcohol, bruised from head to toe!

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

After a night at the student union drinking guinness at 25p a pint (... it was the secret guinness society and the brewers happily donated 2 kegs for us to keep the party secret :cool: ), I staggered back to my flat and eventually made my way to bed bumping into one of the hi-fi speakers which was mounted on the wall. When I woke up in the morning with a massive hangover I found that my pillow was stuck to my head ... I had split my head open and never noticed! I also had a red face when I was taken to the hospital.

Who says guinness is good for you? :guiness

6. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I very rarely suffer with hangovers, no matter how much I drink :clap: Although I have injured myself several times whilst under the affluence of incohol!

My band said I couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery, so I did. Only problem was, I met a mate in the pub at lunch time and had at least 10 pints before we got to the brewery. I managed to headbut an empty barrel on the way out as I gracefully plummetted towards the floor, resulting in lots of blood and a black eye (but thankfully no trip to hospital!) Still made it down the pub to watch England play Rugby the next day :biggrin:

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Never. I'm a bandsman. I don't drink! :rolleyes: :tongue:

8. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

All is explained by MRSH's post from a while ago! :clap: :clap:

9. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Injuries Ive had aplenty but what worries me most is what I find in the morning after every time I come home drunk.

Does anyone else get a visit from an 8 foot gorilla once youve gone to sleep ? It sneaks into the bedroom, goes into your pockets and changes all your paper money into 2 and 5 pence pieces. It then gets hold of your clothes and flings them round the room, and then just to put the tin hat on it, before it leaves it cr*ps in your mouth.

I keep trying to stay awake in an attempt to stop it but have never been succesful yet..............

10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

The worst injury I had happened when I was sober. Woke up in the night to go to the loo and trod on a wine glass by my bed (which had held orange-juice). Staggered off to the loo and got back into bed, still not quite awake. Some while later the pain woke me and as I flexed my foot I felt something give inside it. The pain was indescribable so I tottered off to the kitchen to grab some painkillers. Woken from drug-induced stupor at 7:00 a.m. by housemate shrieking that there's blood all over the house. Felt something wet by my foot and look under the covers to see a pool of blood.
    Bundled into taxi by dear housemates and sent off to A+E where truly evil doctor tells me I've severed a nerve in my foot so there's no way an anaesthetic will work so proceeds to sew up 2" x 2" gash in my foot without one.
    I still have no feeling in one of my toes.
    And the moral of the story is: never go to bed sober.
    Although they did say if I'd been drunk I might well have bled to death because alcohol speeds up the bleed rate or something like that.
    BMB
    xx

11. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

And the other moral is: don't leave wine glasses on the floor :rolleyes:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    stupor
    ramp
    Rockerdale
    exaggeration
    cut
  13. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Although I've got the vodka scooter home on a few occasions I've never managed to inflict any spectacular harm on myself. I did however once wake up with my face covered in soil. I was too hungover to notice until my flatmate, face also covered in soil, came into the kitchen to join me in coffee, nurofen and self pity. To this day we have only theories and hazy snatches of memory as to how it got there....:oops: