Drummers!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tsawyer, Oct 16, 2005.

1. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

I've been thinking about doing a website dedicated to percussion in brass bands for years, and have finally found some time to do something about it.

An initial version can be found at:

http://www.progressivepercussion.co.uk

I'd like to build up a database of test pieces in the forum, with details of things like how many percussionists are required, what the instrument requirements are etc.

I also hope to include details of percussion instruments, what they are, how they are played, and a little bit about the history.

So then:

- Do you want to help? Let me know.

- What would you like to see on the site? What would be useful to you? Join the forum and tell me.

I'm trying to produce something useful to drummers and percussionists of
    all standards. What would you like it to be?

Tim.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    percussionists
    forum
    details of percussion instruments
    details of things
    brass bands
  3. Oh the subject of percussion , the overall standard of it yesterday was fantastic. The Lads in Leyland put on a great show ,saw how happy they were at the end, nice to see an underdog win. That timp part was hard.

4. paulspud

paulspud Member

Tim,

Just to wish you good luck with the site. I've just registered on the forums.

Would be nice to see any performance and playing tips from other percussionists, especially for the benefit of any new percussionists. Such is the diversity of percussion instruments, any advice is welcome!

Cheers

Paul Sudworth
    Percussionist
    Old Hall Brass

5. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

Leyland had Stefan Kurzo playing with them - he played with us at the Open. Not sure which part he was on but he plays timps with Bern Symphony Orchestra. :)

Tim.

6. jim

jim Member

yeh great stuff that will be relly usful what about a data base of brass band perc players to so if ur ever in a need of a dep you couldchk the data base and giv somwon a call.

great idea Il pm u!

7. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

Cheers Paul. Is the triangle/clave stuff on there the kind of thing you're thinking about, or did you have something else in mind?

ta,

Tim.

8. paulspud

paulspud Member

Tim,

That's exactly what I meant!!

Cheers

Paul

9. yogi1000

yogi1000 Member

On the subject of deps, there's a new website at www.elitepercussion.com that's currently being set up to create a list of percussionists of very high standard. It has details of a number of players and other percussionists have been enquiring about submitting their details to create a larger database for this reason. It's a fantastic idea and I will be putting my details on the site in the near future.

With regard to what percussion is required for each piece, I know that Eden has a lot and it's also very hard!!!!!! As you probably found out on Saturday!

10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

sounds good... I'd be interested.

11. yogi1000

yogi1000 Member

www.elitepercussion.com

It's just worked the last few times I've clicked on it. If it doesn't work, there is a link on the links page here at tmp

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    percussionists
    forum
    details of percussion instruments
    details of things
    brass bands
  13. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

National Finals Percussionists

I've just launched a new website where I'm trying to create a resouce for brass band drummers. Part of this is trying to build up a database of test pieces, and the percussion required for them.

If you played at the national finals (in any section), or if you're playing at Pontins, can you go to the forum at http://www.progressivepercussion.co.uk, register and add in details of your test piece please?

thanks,

Tim.

Edit: Threads merged.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2005