Drumers Delight

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Railybobs, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

Am I right in saying there is a piece out there called Drummers Delight?

When the good old Wigan Metropolitan Schools Brass Band was going (might still be) we had it i am sure and I want something to sink my teeth into as a kit player.

Can anyone help?

Or am I dreaming?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wigan Metropolitan Schools Brass Band
    Drumers Delight
    Drummers Delight
    good old Wigan Metropolitan Schools Brass Band
    teeth
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

All you need to know:

Drummer's Delight by Edrich Siebert.

Percussion (kit) feature.

Pure cheese.

HTH ;)

4. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Good call, Ian. Real cheese but a merry little piece. I say little but it depends on how "Self indulgent" the percussionist is! We used to get the newspapers out for a read when we played it....the drummer did love the sound of his own playing!

Just give the cymbals three smashes so everyone else wakes up and comes in he he ;-)

5. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

I seem to remember it being a piece where you can have a laugh during the feature.

many thanks

6. Di

Di Active Member

Indeed, and there's no reason it should be JUST the kit player who has a bit of fun. When Adam did this, the other members of the percussion team joined in (or tried to only Roger didn't seem to get on with his whislte! ;) ). Spread the contents of the percussion box round and let 'em all join in. :)

7. Robhibberd29

From a non drumming point of view, I seem to remember it being a piece where you can have a cup of tea and a kit kat at the cadenza

8. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

...and after all the practice we gave Adrian S on that he went off to Butlins/Pontins on a family holiday and won a holiday for the family playing that very piece in the Talent Contest.

9. Robhibberd29

Well that's gratitude for you!

10. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

The Drummers Delight was written by Erich Siebert, and is published by Studio Music Company, it is available via Just Music, 246 Auldhouse Road, Auldhouse, East Kilbride, G75 9DX, Telephone No. 01355 245674 Reference No. JM 53494 the parts and score (I believe) are around £15.00p Hoping this helps KSJL.