Dreams about band

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bandcampgal, Oct 10, 2006.

1. bandcampgal

bandcampgal Member

does anyone else ever have really freaky dreams involving band?

i had a dream last night where we were doing the 2nd half of a concert and the music and stage hadn't been sorted. and everyone was dressed in different uniforms and really scruffy. everyone was shouting at me that it was my fault and i was crying!

usually my dreams about band involve other friends that have nothing to do with band so i know its a dream but this one was so life-like :( - i was ready for handing in my letter of resignation!

and when you have dreams, do you ever let it get in the way of real life? like having an argument with your best friend in a dream and not speakin 2 them the next day even tho u know it was a dream?!

or mayb its just me and I'm a weirdo!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    concert
    music
    best friend
    letter of resignation
  3. Di

Di Active Member

I have dreams about banding. Most common two are not having the correct uniform, having to dash somewhere else to get it and seeming to take for ever, like walking/running through treacle, to get there. And then there's not being able to find the instrument. Lots of cases looking like mine, but when I open them, there's some really old mangled instrument inside. Most frustrating when the band are waiting on stage. :mad::oops:

4. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I dreamt about "The" Emley last night :confused: This is bad stuff i tell you, seriously bad stuff!!

I dont remember it that much just that i watched a concert and spoke to a horn player, neither of which i have actually done. Hmmm!! I'm scared!

5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I frequently dream that I'm lost, rushing through the streets of a strange city in the pouring rain trying to get to a hall intime to find the band and play in a contest on a piece where I have to play an important solo.
    I eventually find the hall and with seconds to spare, get changed and rush on stage where the band are waiting for me.
    THEN ! with horror, I realise my tuning slide is missing. I break out in a panic sweat and start looking around the floor.
    With a rush of relief I spot it under my chair and quickly put it back on the instrument.
    The Adjudicator blows his whistle.
    The MD looks over, and asks if I'm ok.
    I nod, and he raises his baton.
    As he brings the stick down for the opening bar, I suddenly realise that my mouthpiece is missing and instantly remember it is in the car in a car park half a mile away.
    At that point I normally wake up with a start with my heart pounding !!
    I have this dream at least once a month - any dream analysts out there ?
    - Wilky

6. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Ian:

FWIW My analysis would be that your dream is actually reflecting a subconscious fear that you will one day be lost, rushing through the streets of a strange city in the pouring rain trying to get to a hall intime to find the band and play in a contest on a piece where you have to play an important solo. You eventually find the hall and with seconds to spare, get changed and rush on stage where the band are waiting for you.
    THEN ! with horror, you realise your tuning slide is missing. You break out in a panic sweat and start looking around the floor. With a rush of relief you spot it under your chair and quickly put it back on the instrument. The Adjudicator blows his whistle.
    The MD looks over, and asks if you're ok. You nod, and he raises his baton.
    As he brings the stick down for the opening bar, You suddenly realise that your mouthpiece is missing and instantly remember it is in the car in a car park half a mile away.

Either that or you are suppressing feelings of resentment, frustration and probable oedipus syndrome as a result of not being breast fed as a child.

7. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I sometimes have dream about all the players i have played with in a band as one big band but they never seem 100% like them.
    And sometimes dream of playing a test piecwe on a contest stage and when it comes to Euph&Baris it never goes to plan how we have practised it we all play it completley different speeds:eek: ,but when we are waiting for the results to be announced we always get in the prizes and the remarks say "Brilliant Euph &Baritone Playing":confused: .
    The things you dream about just think if it really did happen:eek: :oops:

8. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I dream about having a full rehearsal!

:rolleyes:

9. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

I had a really weird dream about band last Friday night. I was at a rehearsal and all my friends in the band were being REALLY horrible to me. It was awful.
    I woke up and felt really quite upset about it. Later, on Saturday (in real life, not in my dream), I met up with one of my friends from band for lunch and I was in a really bad mood with him because I felt like he'd been horrible to me, even though it was a dream!

10. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Funnily enough I recently had a dream in which I was on stage performing at the Durham League Contest and the entire Bass section fell backwards over the back of the stage an somehow the band managed to keep playing.

11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Class Ronnie, true class :tup

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    concert
    music
    best friend
    letter of resignation
  13. annieds

annieds Member

Soon after my last child was born I dreamt that I was on stage at the area contest - I think it would have been in Watford in those days but the hall was like the one at school. I was playing 3rd cornet but I was sitting right at the edge of the stage where the sop should have been. I was wearing a dressing gown and felt a little out of place. I don't think I knew the music. Then, My husband, Andy, appeared at the edge of the stage holding the baby up to me and saying that he (the baby) needed feeding and changing. I woke up quite angry with him and felt resentful for hours.

14. Mr_Euniverse

Mr_Euniverse Member

My missus has regular dreams about our 2 cats, Mango & Chutney playing on 3rd cornet!!!! Silly mare!

15. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I sometimes dream about being on stage but being unable to play a note. Somehow I lose all ability to make sensible sounds come out of my horn (no change there then, some would say). Even worse is the fact that I know I've got a big solo coming up.
    I also dream about getting lost/late/missing bits of instrument or clothing. I think these are all just performance anxiety.;)
    BMB
    xx

16. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Perhaps I could allay these suppressed fears and catch up by being breast fed as an adult ! ( By a surrogate of course !)
    Sorry Mods - just couldn't resist!
    - Wilky
    PS Ron - as you know, I never play ANY solos !!

17. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Dream about band, you have to be joking. There are far better things to dream about. :wink:

18. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Quite! :biggrin:

19. flower girl

flower girl Member

Like David Beckham :D :D :D

20. bandcampgal

bandcampgal Member

indeed there are but i find that i cant pick wot i dream about! i can spend ages thinkin bout something (or someone ;) ) before i go sleep in the hope that il dream bout that, but alas it never works!

21. Di

Di Active Member

I get those too. Also when I look at the music, sometimes it's images instead of notes and others just coloured blobs. Panic! I don't know what note is which colour or picture.

Maybe they should just bring the straight jacket now. :redface::(

22. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Dreams I get are those niggling ones ... sections you can improve on or phrases that can be shaped differently. It gets infuriating when you start to run over these things in different forms and guises and start confusing the original problem which was to be solved ... :mad: