Dreaming about Floral Dance

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Vickitorious, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Is that sad?? :confused: Lol!!

This morning Dad came in to wake me up and I was dreaming that we were about to play floral dance. So I started begging for another 2 mins in bed to finish off my dream! :oops: lol! But he wouldn't let me! :( So I only got 2 bars into it! :( Which I wasn't happy about at all! :(

Does that make me a 100% band geek? :cool:

Can we play it at Pontins? :rolleyes: hehehe!!

I think that is brilliant! I still think it is a top piece after all these years.

My boyfriend will kill me for this if any of his mates at band read this, but sometimes when they have been rehearsing a test piece for a contest for ages he will occaisionally sing a bar or two of it in his sleep! Very disconcerting! He never remembers it though!
  3. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i agree it might be a good piece... but it is pure cheese!!!

please... dont play it!! it really really really is just cheese and nothing more... so vicki... if you agree to dress up as a piece of cheese and dance around the hall at pontins while we play it... i wont mind playing it... however you MUST dress up as cheese for us to play it!

TIMBONE Active Member

We played it last year at Pontins :eek: I can't remember wether it was before or after Zulu :biggrin:

5. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Sorted :p Lol!! where do I get the costume from tho? :confused: hahaha!
  6. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Its a great piece, and audiences always love it.
  7. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

the fridge??
  8. Pookiyama

Pookiyama Member

It's a great piece and everyone knows it.

And Terry Wogan's single of it... er... needs to be heard to be believed.

TIMBONE Active Member

As I said, Roger put Floral Dance into the Saturday night programme last year. As soon as we started playing it, up jumped a young lady (I think she was a Bluecoat), and started getting people up dancing. They loved it.

Floral Dance is an old traditional favourite, which I believe is about a tradition which still takes place in parts of Cornwall every year. I used to hear it regularly in it's original form, (I am sure that Roger or Nigel Hall will tell you the name of the singer), on the Light Programme, (that is Radio 2 before there was a Radio 1)! on Saturday mornings.
  10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Probably Peter Dawson, I should think.
  11. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

for a bit of history into the floral dance see here, a little task i had to complete whilst i was in the BOC BRO house:rolleyes:
  12. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

When you have to play just the tune over and over and over ad nauseum at a speed of about 60 beats a minute you tend to have nightmares about it, not dreams!

Thats what all the Cornish bands have to put up with just after they have finished a Carnival.