Dream Car(s).

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Jun 24, 2005.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Imagine money was no object, you have your private jet parked on your own landing strip etc...you're loaded beyond belief, and it's shopping day for your car/fleet

What do you go out and buy? Which cars ring your bell?

*Chalk down 1 Alfa Romeo soething or other for Mr. Woodenflugel probably.* :tongue:
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Wouldn't want to be too greedy, just one of those little peugeot convertible thingies for me. :D
  3. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

4. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Don't ask me, ask my chauffeur.... :cool:
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If money's no object, then anything with a chauffeur and enough room for a couple of basses in the back :clap:
  6. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Aston Martin DB 9

oh.. and a classic 50's Beetle, in Fender Sonic-Blue... with a Porche engine!

Had this conversation t'other day with me mate... he said he'd like a Donkey! (he drives a Nissan Micra... make your own conclusions from that!)
  7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

A couple?? :confused: Are you like...Peter 2 basses??
  8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Having had to capitalize on the willingness of others re lifts etc it would be nice to be able to return the favour once in a while ;)
  9. andyp

andyp Active Member

In the real world (but still lotttery win required!);
    a Subaru Impreza Estate (just as fast as the saloon but doesn't attract the cops!)
    an Overfinch Range Rover with the 5.7 Chevy V8 option (like the one that beat the AMG Merc on Top Gear - while running on the grass!).
    a Renault Grand Espace (for when you really have to take the kids)
    and an Austin-Healey 3000 (for sunny days)

Fantasisng a bit:
    Maclaren F1+Ferrari Enzo or F50+Pagani Zonda (just to see which one I like best)
    Lamborghini LM002 (for off-road meetings)
    Aston Martin DB9
    Lamborghini Miura
    Lancia Stratos
    Or a day out in Jay Kay's garage!
  10. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Buy a coach!! :cool:
  11. cjconnor24

cjconnor24 Member

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
    Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
    Jag XJR
    Porsche Ruf 911 Turbo R

(argh too many to name:p )​
  12. Chris Sanders

Good Call... :clap:
  13. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

very clever, mr 2nd man down, very clever indeed.

but the age old eyes of uncle eric see straight through a 'biggest geek' test like this.

i'm right aren't i?

uncle eric
  14. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

One of these for me too please :biggrin:
  15. Steve

Steve Active Member

Why do i need a car????
  16. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

A Black Mariah for the defendant to be taken away...
  17. VW Polo?

18. Chris Sanders

Because there's no landing strip at Dobcross Band Club... Yet??
  19. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

WOWOWOWOW! I want one of those lil bubble cars in pink blue and purple :biggrin:

YAY! :biggrin::biggrin:
  20. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

*tries desperately to think of a non-alfa to prove cheeky and lucky to win his recent "court case" ;) 2nd man down wrong...

erm umm...well if you're talking supercars I'd probably go for a Pagani Zonda (just for the handmade loafers you get supplied with it mind...) as I really, really don't like the Ferrari Ezno and the MacLaren Merc looks like a bit of a big ole bus to me...or is I was to dabble in the "used" market (perish the thought) a McLaren F1 - which was designed without compromise by one of my F1 heroes Gordan Murray.

Getting slightly cheaper an Aston DB9 as it is simply gorgoeus - and British!

Other than that, well I think cars based on rally cars should make great road cars too. Good shout for a Lancia Stratos andyp :tup . I'd go for a Lancia Delta S4, which was the turbo and supercharged "Group B" monster of the mid 80's but I have to say my real dream car is a Ford. :eek:

From the same era as the Delta S4....a Ford RS200 which (as I see it) had laods going for it - quick good looking, a racing heritage and lots of rarity, as they only made 200, of which most ended up smashed to bits on the side of various rally stages.

See Craf....not an Alfa in sight...

Does this win the prize for the geekiest reply yet?