dragons den - warmahorn

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by StellaJohnson, Aug 3, 2011.

1. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I saw Dragon's Den very briefly last night and saw something called a warmahorn. A thing to put over cornet or trumpet to keep the instrument warm in cold weather when playing.

Did it get any investment? Has anyone used one? Or is it what i think it is - a load of.....you know what!
  2. eflatbass

eflatbass Supporting Member

Hi Stella
    It did not attract any investment, which was hardly surprising. Anyway; frozen valves are almost part of the fun when playing Christmas carols. It's the players who need insulating blankets, not the instruments. I also wonder if those clever people have developed a "warm-a-trombone"?
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

4. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

5. had a chance to have a look at one up close... seems like a rather expensive accessory/novelty that looks a bit silly.. and doesnt seem to have any real practical effect. :-?
  6. eflatbass

7. Warmahorn

Warmahorn New Member

Warmahorn...mostly for protection and colour

Hey, Dragons Den - wild and terrifying, but a good thing to do. Yep you got it - our main strength is protection and fashion -(tho the item was too short to show that) and tho we had fun in there - the Dragons just know about investment and to them the brass world is just too small. That's cool. But we're selling well, Rosetti are the UK distributors and it does protect from dints & scratches & kids are lovin the customising thing. We developed our cornet Warmahorns with Tongwynlais Temperence brass band & they used them though the bleak winter this year, for an added layer of warmth... We're now about to launch rim guards to protect tubas & euphoniums from the dents & scratches from being plonked on the floor & our trombone Rosetti series 5 Bb will be launched at the end of the month. Sometimes things on TV don't show the whole picture. Check us out www.warmahorn.com
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hello Warmahorn - if this is you, who appeared on the show yesterday, I really feel for you.

OK, maybe the idea could do with some refinement, but it is nowhere near as bad as the dragons implied. What I found rather offensive was the 'belittling' of the brass movement as a whole. Seemed to be nothing but a laff for them. If only they knew the benefits the brass movement provided to young musical talent in the UK and worldwide.

If I can help in any way with a promotional campaign on tMP, please do get in touch.

... is where I can be found.

Good luck in your venture

John - owner tMP
  9. jonesbp

jonesbp Member

Any plans to bring out a "Warmatrom" at any point?
  10. eflatbass

Check their web site - it's already in progress!
  11. jonesbp

jonesbp Member

Is it? I couldn't find it.

Edit: My apologies, have just found the reference on the About Page
  12. bbg

bbg Member

Like John, I was offended by the patronising manner in which this idea was dismissed by the "dragons".....although no doubt editing could hide the fact that other, more supportive comments may have been made. The producer could well have fallen into the lazy, lets-have-a-laugh-at-the-cloth-caps-and -whippets stereotypical view of banding.

Let's challenge Mr Bannatyne and company to come along to a well run banding event , be it concert or contest, and see if their attitudes would change!
  13. Catherine81

Catherine81 New Member

Would be good to have warmahorns for all brass. Would love one for my flugelhorn
  14. Warmahorn

Warmahorn New Member

Hi chaps - since DD overwhelmed with the support and orders from players. And yes, a bit shocked that the potential market was dismissed by the Dragons and considered a bit of a laugh. But no worries and I'm guessing that this is often the sort of discrimination you face from people who just have no knowledge of your world? Who knows, in the past I could have been one of them! But no longer! And on this new road I'm on, I've been invited to advertise and demonstrate the products at British Open Brass band Championships in Birmingham in Sept 3rd - so I'll be able to not only introduce the products to players but also listen to what you want in terms of new products. If indeed you want any? The brass world is fun and it's also introducing me to the amazing potential it especially offers for kids and teens. Something you know all about, but I (like the DRagons??!!) had no idea of. If you haven't already heard of Trumpets Not Guns in New Orleans http://www.trumpetsnotguns.com/ this is a group I've got involved with recently - and they are changing lives by getting kids to play brass instruments. And I would never have known anything about this amazing way of using music to help kids if it hadn't been for Warmahorn. So I guess that the Dragons, who have no knowledge of this world, found it easy to dismiss. No worries.
  15. Warmahorn

Warmahorn New Member

And yes! Let's invite them to a really cool brass banding event! And maybe one day in the future it could be sponsored by Warmahorn!!
  16. Geraint_MD

Geraint_MD New Member

i use warmahorn daily in my day job very good and cant wait for more

kep up the good work

Geraint barnes - trumpeter - GB Entertainment
  17. boover

boover Member

Great to see you on dragons Den. Those that may have seen Tongwynlais in concert or competitions earlier this year (such as Yeovil and Porthcawl) may have noticed our full set of Warmahorn cornet sleeves resplendent on stage. Good to catch up with you at the Open and I would wholeheartedly recommend your product for the winter carol season......... Or just to look cool!
  18. Warmahorn products are in stock and available in The Music Cellar
  19. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

That new "dragon" would look good in a Dalmatian skin coat!!!!!!
  20. DaveBBb

DaveBBb Member