Dr Who or Star Trek ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Red Elvis, Sep 9, 2004.

Dr Who or Star Trek ?

1. Dr Who

6 vote(s)
  2. Star Trek

15 vote(s)
  3. Other - Blakes 7 etc

5 vote(s)
  1. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

In a similar vein to "Knightrider or Airwolf " , Dr Who or star trek ?
    Any preferences ?
    Me , I love Dr Who.Favourite monster , The Cybermen,favourite Dr , Tom Baker , and favourite assistant , Leela (skimpy animal-skin type costume!!).
  2. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Red Dwarf.....
    but Dr Who was great telly.
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I am a great fan of Blake's 7, and was most disappointed a while back when they only broadcast the first series as a rerun on BBC2, Saturday afternoons :-(
  4. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Thats a hard question!!!!! but would have to say I do like my Star Trek:)
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Hard one this, are we talking star trek as a series, or the whole whole nine yards, voyager etc?

Fotr me if it was star trek (the series) or Dr who it would have to be Dr who. but i am well into some of the other star trek progs so would have to cahnge my mind.

if you have any idea what im babbling on about plese tell me because im now lost and have no idea what im talking about:oops:

PS look out for a great new series in the Autumn (starhyke) that stars my one of my cusins in a lead part! its a BRITISH sci-fi comedy that sounds absolutely brilliant!
  6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

i voted star trek.... Voyager is my favourite... DS9 is good too

7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Got to go with this really, but have voted for Dr. Who.
    Speaking of oddball sci-fi, we watched a bit of Lexx the other night. What the foxes hat?!!
  8. super_sop

brilliant havent seen that or ages, very very strange, but good if ya follow it through
  9. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Yeah, but, people in pink baby-dolls and leopard-skin dressing gowns, carrots that shoot up yer bum and several apparrent cybermen?!
  10. super_sop

11. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

The good doctor for me... just for the fact that whenever the daleks were coming I'd scream "GO UPSTAIRS!!!"
  12. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

Must put a plug in here for Firefly. It's a sci-fi series from Joss Weedon (sp? bloke responsible for Buffy) that lasted one season before getting canned by short sighted suits. There's a movie in the works too.

It's excellent - kind of a western in space, best new sci fi I've seen in a while. Most people who see it rave about it.

13. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

If we're talking "original series" then I'd say "Blake's 7" (so i voted for other). However, I like all the modern Star Treks...

TIMBONE Active Member

I have to say that the whole concept of the late, great GENE RODDENBERRY who created STAR TREK, has given this series upon series a warp factor which takes it beyond the stars to new worlds and new civilisations. This, coupled with the brilliant hidden humour makes it light years beyond anything else that came before or after, where fantasy becomes reality.

YES, I am a trekkie, but it would be unprofessional for me to mention "The original STAR TREK a musical episode" on TP Music, so I won't.
  15. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

ooh it has to be Dr Who - but only with Tom Baker. I remember hiding behind the sofa on may occasions but looking at the re-runs I don't know what at!!

Star Trek was Ok but a bit "American" for my liking - I perfer my sci-fi quirkier.
  16. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Why do we have to choose?

Dr Who was great, though it did start running out of steam towards the end of Tom Baker's reign, even though Tom Baker, with Jon Pertwee, are my favourite Doctors. I'm really looking forward to seeing Christopher Eccleston take on the role in the new series - with him, and Russell Davies writing, it should be something really special. Favourite enemies - has to be the Daleks. Favourite companions - Jo Grant, and the 2 Romanas (both of them).

Star Trek. Fabulous! The classsic original series still holds up well, and in terms of writing and originality can still show a thing or two to some of the later versions, even on a much lower budget and with increasingly dated special effects. TNG was great, and I really enjoyed Deep Space 9 for its darker storylines. I don't think that Voyager was as good, to be honest (though worth watching for the Doctor, a great character and performance, and for 7 of 9, also a great character and performance, as well as the more obvious reasons). However, by setting Enterprise in an earlier period, as a prequel to the original series, it has rejuvenated the franchise.
  17. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Star Trek

Like them all especially DS9. Enterprise is good except for the cheesy title music.
  18. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Big fan of Lexx, me.
    They used to visit the strangest places imaginable.
    Excellent series. Bring it back, I say.
  19. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Mine's another trekkie vote, esp. the newer series..... I could never figure out why the other Roddenberry 'based-on' shows were so poo?!! I loved Doctor Who as a kid, but just couldn't get scared about the Daleks - why didn't anyone ever run upstairs, tip them over or jam stuff in their sticky-out bits? :-?
  20. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Has to be Star Trek, especially Voyager! :D

On a sci-fi note...anyone like Stargate SG1? I think its great....call me sad but you can't beat it!!! :D