Dr Nicholas Childs - Weight Loss !!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Red Elvis, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Got the World Of Brass catalogue delivered yesterday and was stunned by the picture of Dr Childs in there , looking even thinner and fitter than he did back at the Albert Hall in October.

He (and his brother and nephew ) have been idols of mine for a long time in terms of their playing and conducting skills , and now I think he should do an article in BB or similar about how he's achieved such remarkable weight loss - being on the slightly overweight side myself I'd appreciate the guidance !!

Please note , I'm not taking the p*** or being facetious , I just want to know how he's done it and how long it took.
  2. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

I understand he started a fitness regime at Christmas 2003.
    He plays squash regularly with Glyn Williams.
    Oh, and in recent weeks he's shaved his moustache off!
  3. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I didn't recognise him at first without the 'tache! Very suave!

Rach x
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... but is his hair a natural colour? :)
  5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

At the 2005 RNCM Brass Festival he got up on stage and after the opener with Dyke, turns to the audience and says something like "Since a lot of you have been talking about it, you'll notice I look much different than I did at last years brass festival...I shaved my moustache."

Fantastic one-liner

Yeah, I've heard alot of it is playing squash. He's kept it off quite well now too.
  6. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

Ive started playing squash with mates recently- just once a week [twice when we have time] and it makes such a difference- i wouldn't say i have lost weight- but i feel so much fitter in myself!

- just remember to stretch before you play- or it aches like mad the next day!!!

i cant wait for the summer to play outdoor tennis- and swimming...yipee :biggrin:
  7. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I think someone told me that he also did about 4 hours of cycling everyday!
    He's done fantastic, and i'm sure it's done his health a lot of good, and he should be very proud! Well done Nick! ;)
  8. He walked on stage at the British open last year and half the audience gasped then started clapping.
  9. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

No chance of that happening to you and I, me old partner!

10. Agreed, but we are Bb bass players so it is in our genes and therefore not our fault.

Can't argue with genetics............That's my excuse anyway.
  11. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

So a pint of Sam Smiths Gene replacement medicine for you tonight then!
  12. Well, if you insist.