Downloadable Manuscript Paper

Discussion in 'tMP Library' started by amgray, Mar 12, 2004.

1. amgray

amgray Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    DryKnack
    url
  3. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

What's manuscript paper?
    :wink:

4. hunting_high

hunting_high Member

5. amgray

amgray Member

**Sigh** in a "feeling old" sort of way......

6. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Seriously, it's worth pointing out that the "Linkwaregraphics" website downloadable m/s paper is formatted in 8.5" x 11" (which is a 'standard' US paper size, equivalent to (but not the same as) our A4 paper) Now, I'm certainly not an expert in this field, but I don't think it's possible to re-size for printing if you only have the free Adobe Viewer. Having said all that, mind, it will probably still print OK, but with odd margins.

G.

7. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

I was giving a lesson the other day and needed to write an excercise out for the pupil. Could I find any manuscript paper? Could I **%*!"$(*%.

I've gotten so used to using Sibelius for writing everything that I don't posses manuscript any more!! (I think the last time I had any was back in 1990 . . . just before I got Sibelius 6 for the Acorn!).

I ended up drawing the stave by hand!!

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I think it's what you're not supposed to take onto the contest platform with you :!: :shock: :wink:

9. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

After getting caught out in similar situations on a few occasions, I even went to the trouble of creating and printing some blank m/s paper using Finale, so that I could carry a few sheets around in my cases.

Bit bizzare, when you think about it; using a top-of-the-range, (expensive!) notational software package to create paper to handwrite music on..............

G.

10. amgray

amgray Member

The downloadable zip file (manuscript_paper.zip) contains 4 pdf files, one of which is titled "manuscript_paper1_8.5x11.pdf".
    This prints out a 12 stave A4 sheet of manuscript fine!!!

Honest :shock: :shock: :shock:

11. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Anyone know if theres anywhere you can download and print pre formatted Brass or Wind band manuscript paper?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    DryKnack
    url
  13. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

not sure Iain but there is software you can get...
    "the music manuscript kit"... I have it. Will lend it you to see what you think of it.

Besides, you do have Sibelius... just print it off from that :p;-)

14. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

I know, I'm just being cheap and lazy!

15. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

If you want to create anything from 1 to 12 stave, go to Microsoft Word, enable MS Line Draw and do it yourself by clicking and dragging a few times! Only takes a few minutes (I've done it myself!) and as far as I'm aware, there's no copyright on drawing lines!

Hope this helps (!)

16. Aidan Geary

Aidan Geary Member

17. hey heres a challenge

hehe,
    i write my music (hmmn if you can call it that) by hand, i try any way, most of the time i make it all up, i mean its real tunes i just erm well add bits in (you see i havnt been brought up with the right musical knowledge but i have a good go at writtin it)
    Would any band be willing to have a go at seeing if my musical genious is true?
    now theres a challenge,

Rob

and how much is this sillabus thing?

18. HBB

HBB Active Member

nbout £600?

19. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

20. ComputerBloke

ComputerBloke Member

If you want something specific, I can knock you something up in Lilypond [www.lilypond.org] pretty quickly - that's an open invitation guys, but don't deluge me please!!!!!!!

21. davidsait

davidsait Member

Yes, see the bottom of http://www.bandsman.co.uk/download.htm for Brass Band (and blank) manuscript paper.