Douglas Yeo / Natural State Brass Band / Freckleton Band June 27th 2010

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by AndyCat, May 10, 2010.

1. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

On Sunday 27th June, 2010, at 7pm, the Freckleton Band is hosting a Grand Charity Concert with very special guests the Natural State Brass Band from Arkansas, USA, and their guest soloist, Douglas Yeo. Proceeds will go to Trinity Hospice and the Lifeboat Association.

Doug is the Bass Trombonist with the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and is world renowned as a soloist, teacher and clinician. As well as performing at the evening concert, Doug has offered to give a trombone clinic, and take a massed trombone choir, in the afternoon before the concert. This is open to trombonists of all ages and abilities, and is a great opportunity for players to attend the sort of event only usually open to college or university students. Doug will talk and demonstrate a variety of techniques and concepts, and then all those who wish to participate can join in the trombone choir, which will also perform a couple of pieces in the evening concert. In this section Doug will talk about blend, pitch, tuning and other vital section disciplines. Music is available beforehand, and in both treble and bass clefs!

The evening concert will feature Doug as soloist with the NSBB, and concert items from the Freckleton Band, the NSBB and the Trombone Choir, with a massed bands finale. Trombone choir members can wear either your own band uniform or all black.

The event is being held at:

Kirkham Grammar School
    Ribby Road
    Kirkham
    Preston
    Lancashire
    PR4 2BD

Admission to the concert is £8 (£5 for 16’s and under), and the afternoon session is FREE when you buy a ticket for the concert.

As stated, proceeds are for two very worthwhile local Charities.

Sunday 27th June 2010. Kirkham Grammar School.

2-4pm
    Clinic and Trombone Choir with Douglas Yeo.

4-6.45pm
    Tea break. Kirkham centre has several outlets, or bring your own!

7pm
    Charity Concert featuring the Freckleton Band, the Natural State Brass Band, Trombone Choir and Douglas Yeo.

John Bennett of The Music Cellar, Preston, himself a trombonist, will have a display with the latest Yamaha trombones.

There will also be informal post concert refreshments with the NSBB at the Coach and Horses public house, Freckleton. All participants of legal age are welcome!
    If you would like tickets for the event, or more details, contact Andy Cattanach at:

acattanach@gmail.com or on 07957 477383

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Douglas Yeo.
    Doug
    Grand Charity Concert
    Douglas Yeo / Natural State Brass Band
    Freckleton Band
  3. bassboneo

bassboneo Member

Count me in!!!

Hi Andy, well done for securing such a guest. Is great to have the band and Doug coming to the uk and especially to the North West. Ill buy a ticket and be there for the afternoon clinic, thanks. Bass clef please, can you email the music?

Big round of applause for Andy for securing this event. (and anyone else involved in making it happen, sorry i dont know who else helped !!!!!):clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

4. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

He's part of the Tour with the Natural State Band, but I'm pretty sure this is his only clinic.

I just got lucky really! He'll be on with other bands as well, but without the clinic. I think they're playing with Poynton, Fodens and Wingates as well.

5. Mattytheshark

Mattytheshark Member

Fantastic opportunity for all trombone players! I'm looking forward to it!

6. wagger-g

wagger-g Member

Congratulations

Well done Andy this sounds like a superb event and for a very very good cause. Hope you get the kind of support if deserves - might get my trom out of mothballs myself!

7. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Attached is a poster for the concert if anyone wants to pass it on!

Attached Files:

8. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Hi all,

If there are any trombonists wanting to attend the clinic/massed trombone choir, please contact me for details.

I now have tickets for both the clinic and evening concert. PM me here or email acattanach@gmail.com if you want details, a poster or tickets!

It should be a great event hopefully, and the more participants the better. Tenor trombonists especially welcome, of any standard!!

Andy

9. HornPlayerMK

HornPlayerMK Member

This is going to be a brilliant concert. Unfortunately i cannot make it as I am working elsewhere but a colleague will definitely be attending.

Have an absolutely fantastic night!

10. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Still a few tickets left for tonights concert. Pop down if you can! 7pm start.