Don't you just hate it when.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by WhatSharp?, Jun 30, 2005.

1. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

You have a 3 CD set of one of your favorite albums (in this case Kings of Europe) and you loose a cd (in this case the third one)!, I have a feeling it's gone forever since I last saw it at the Whits so it could be anywhere!

So I now have to try and somehow get a third CD from somewhere (I'd quite happily pay for an original) or stump up £25 for a whole new set! (I had a similar issue with my Superman tape recently, lost one of the tapes and had to buy a whole new one, and their not easy to come by, this is becoming a habit!).

AAAAAAARGH!

So what drives you nuts?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    cd
    case
    one
    albums
    issue
  3. Di

Di Active Member

I've had my baritone since 1988 and right until the day before we flew to Ireland, the key was still in the case, a point which I proudly bragged about when we were discussing how to keep our instruments secure on the flight. I came home, took the key out ready to put on my key ring, put it down and have never seen it since. :mad::mad:

4. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

When you have lost something, and you're looking for it, and you remember seeing it but you don't know where! Eventually you find it where you originally thought it was!

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

You loose your driving theory certificate, turn your room upside down looking for it, then find that it's actually pinned up in a safe place so you don't forget where it is! :oops:

6. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Something being repeated over and over again....for example my brother normally puts a piece of music on the computer but has the repeat function switched on....pretty annyoing when you hear something again and again!

7. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Yeah I hate the old 'safe place' thing where you always end up forgetting where the said 'safe place' is!

8. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Aye!! How many times have we all done that?

9. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Two things.

I keep a folder in my desk at work called "A Safe Place". Amazing how I can always find "important but kinda ephemeral" stuff when others can't...

Have you explained your plight to the publishers of Kings of Europe? They may be benevolent and send you a replacement, even if they charge you postage. I got home from the States with an audio book of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on cassette. When I played the third cassette, it was so quiet in was unplayable. One quick phone call to the publisher, and three days later, by airmail, one lonesome copy of the third cassette. You won't know if they will unless you ask!

10. Di

Di Active Member

Thats far to sensible. Are you sure you're a man? ;)

11. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Keeping all arrangements, music, sheet music, scores etc etc in one place. Come to look for one and it's not there. You know it's there because you saw it there. It has to be there. But, no, it's nowhere to be seen. So you turn the house upside down looking for it. And you still can't find it. But you saw it last week.

Is driving me absolutely nuts.

Things just don't disappear. Or do they? It's a conspiracy. :confused::eek:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    cd
    case
    one
    albums
    issue
  13. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Speaking of Music :

Finding out the Friday before a concert that I had not got a part for March Of the Cobblers (and even more embarrassing, me bring the librarian) spending 15 minutes rummaging round the library and finding it. Then on the day.. guess what ....no March Of The Cobblers cursing myself, spending the whole piece looking for it and swearing that I stuck it in the pad.. nope doesn't turn up. Till Wednesday that is where what do I find im my pad wedged between a double sheet ... yep MOTC... AAARG!, whats worse was my Mum took a pic ....

Attached Files:

14. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Yeh tried that :( got the "Sorry but we only sell it as a set of three!" :(

15. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I've lost count of the number of times that I'll have been getting the kids ready for school on a morning, and be ready to step out of the door with the car keys in my hand when I'll either remember something I need to take to work, or the kids will be in the car and say they've forgotten something, so I'll go back in, put the keys down somewhere safe, get whatever it was I had to get and then spend another 15 minutes looking for the car keys.

I'm becoming more and more convinced they can move on their own, because I'm damn sure I've never found them yet where I've thought I've put them down!!

Either that or there's a key shifting gremlin in our house, hell bent on driving me completely nuts.

16. groovy

groovy Active Member

Similar to WhatSharp, i have lost both of my European 2003 CDs which is really really annoying! I just have an empty box and it's very sad. Thankfully I have it all saved on the computer so all is not lost.

17. timbloke

timbloke Member

In my case the second of the 2-disc set snapped when i tried too hard to pull it out of the case. Unfortunately "Jazz & Bass Sessions 2" on New Identity Records (an arm of Formation Records - a small independent label) is not easy (read impossible) to buy anywhere. I even e-mailed the record label to see if I could get a replacement and they basically said "tough"!

18. cjconnor24

cjconnor24 Member

hahaha! indeed:p

19. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

:rolleyes:

20. cjconnor24

cjconnor24 Member

Don't you just hate it when.....
    You've been playing the cornet for a while, then you pick up your trumpet or flugel and just about knock your front 2 teeth out!!!:biggrin: :oops: haha!!

Chris

21. Di

Di Active Member

Believe it or not, I have actually got a sticky o key. Any other mistkake I'll put my hand up to. :(

22. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

y'know what i hate?
    setting your alarm clock for 7:30, then waking up at 7:28 in the morning...
    you cant go back to sleep coz you're waiting for the alarm and its quite frankly a less than satisfying end to what was a nice night.
    grrr