Don't forget...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by WoodenFlugel, Mar 26, 2005.

1. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

As I write it's 23:26, so less than 34 minutes till British Summer Time begins :bounce

So then, tMpers don't forget to put you clocks forward 1 hour tonight (or tomorrow if you have any sense ;) ) as summer has offically started...:woo

Now, if someone would kindly inform "the weather" we'll be well away....:-?
  2. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i always thought the clocks changed at 2am
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Apparently they officially go forward at 1a.m. Of course that would make it 2a.m. so I suppose you're still technically correct.

What about all the poor publicans who get robbed out of an hour of their late license for Easter.

Also, just managed to get the baby into an evening routine of bath, play, feed then bed. Losing an hour is really going to confuse him. :(
  4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Also, don't forget to alter your tMP Clock

Click on User CP
    Click on Edit Options
    Scroll down to Date & Time Options
    From the drop down menu reset to: (GMT+1:00 hour) Brussels, Copenhagen etc. etc.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and Save Changes

5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Yeah!! Bars in the States usually close at 2 am, so on this switch, people get pretty upset because they close 1 minute after 12:59 am!!
  6. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i can assure you there was no closing early last night... hence the reason i feel like dog**** this morning!! burrrrr!
  7. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Roger, there is also an option about "automatically detect Daylight Saving Time settings" or something like that. How does that work?
  8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I wish they would keep the clocks as they are from now on its a night mare i hate it:mad:
  9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

They do in some countries
  10. WoodenFlugel

OK so not surprisingly I got it wrong - the clocks did indeed go forward at 01:00hrs GMT to 02:00hrs BST ah well...:oops:

It "does what it says on the tin Jan" (to quote a British advert). If you have this enabled it will automatically update your tMP clock on the correct date. I have mine enabled and, judging by the time of this post it works!
  11. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I had my settings set on "automatic detect DST", but that didn't seem to work (the time was still wrong). When I changed it to "always on", it was correct.
  12. WoodenFlugel

Ah right, well it worked for me! I can only think that for some reason it didn't detect you were in a DST country...or something...:dunno

Having it set to "always on" will just nudge the clock forward one hour I think.
  13. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

It did mine for me :)