Don't forget your mouthpiece!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Teflon1961, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Teflon1961

Teflon1961 Member

Come on then folks.... where are you considering taking your well earned summer break this year?

We're going to try something totally different for us and try out the Isle of Arran for a week. We normally hop on a plane, or head south to Cornwall.

Scotland, we have never tried, so it's really something to look forward to.

If there's a band there, let me know and I'll bring me Flug!

So.. where are you going and will you be taking your mouthpiece?!

(by the way...only 310 shoppin' days to Christmas ;) )

2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Hi there, have a word with this nice chap, im sure he'll be able to help.
    He currnetly conducts Arron Brass.
    I'll be off to sunny Cornwal again, camping.
    Complete with sop and mouthpiece!!!
  3. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Yorkshire :)

But any bandsmen holidaying near Ipswich this year will be welcome to join our rehearsals. Bring your own mouthpiece - we can probably find an instrument to lend you for the night !

4. I'm off to Germany and Greece as my friend has houses there so its gonna be quite a bargain as we are going before schools break up!!! :biggrin:
    Well can't wait!!!!!! I'm afraid, as always, anything to do with music, apart from my MP3 player shall be staying in England!!!
  5. jamieow

jamieow Member

Las Vegas - for a week over the easter bank holiday weekend for a friend's weddign at the Bellagio.
    No mouthpiece coming though!!!
  6. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

You could hop on the ferry to Kintyre while your there, and drive down here to Campbeltown! We're just to the left of Arran, about 5 miles straight across the water!!

Its a lovely place Arran, you'll enjoy it, lots of peace and quiet and of course stunning Scottish scenary!

Think YABB will be my easter and summer hols again this year, bring it on!! :guiness :biggrin:
  7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

That's my normal strategy - I try to go for a few days at least twice a year if I can and totally chill out. Just booked my hotel down there for my next visit! :biggrin:
  8. Alan MacRae

Alan MacRae Member

The problem with having in-laws who live in Singapore is having to go and visit them every couple of years. So this year me and the mrs will be spending a few days in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, followed by a long weekend on the tropical paradise island, Penang, and a few days in Singapore, then back to KL until the flight home.

All through this period I will have to endure meals where 2 people can eat at least 5 courses for about £8. Weather where you can pretty much guarantee it will be 32 degrees, humid, and it will probably rain for about 30 mins at about 3pm.

It's a rough itinerary, but at least its only every 2 years :D

But if anybody knows of a band in Malaysia or Singapore, I might just take a mouthpiece along.
  9. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Be careful to avoid the Haggis season - those little b*@gers are nasty brutes when they're rutting.
  10. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

I feel for you. No, I really do.:rolleyes:
  11. Teflon1961

Teflon1961 Member

Well, if you get the chance, go and see Myrs, malcolm and Mike at Bude Town Band.. I can assure you a warm welcome to all!
  12. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

A bit of a 'working holiday' for me this year, I'm be going to Canada with the NYBBW at the end of July. Can't wait! Although I will have to take half a year's holiday allowance from work in one go...