Don't bully the new boy!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by brut33, Sep 19, 2007.

1. brut33

brut33 Member

Alright folks?

Lets keep this between you guys and me ok? If my colleagues in the band knew I was on this I'd get the ribbing of a lifetime... Only kidding, but they do say I'm obsessed with banding and spend too much time talking, thinking, writing about it as it is!

Hello, I'm George and I play Euph with Perthshire Brass. I'm a one band man, not just because I'm loyal, but because my whole family plays! Dad conducts, 2 brothers on cornet, wife on flug and brother-in-law on the bone!

I started conducting our youth band at the start of the year and I love it. We'll have our first big performance in November at the youth championships in our home town of Perth.

Right now though, we're gearing up for Harrogate next week. My wife is at rehearsal tonight so I'm at home with our 1 year old son... the next Generation of Annan being lined up for the band! :tup

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    boy
    folks
    Generation
    band
    brother-in-law
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Hi George and :hi.

Don't worry, your secret's safe with us. ;)

Sounds like you have bands coming out of your ears. I'm sure you'll have plenty of experience to share. :)

4. needmorevodka

needmorevodka Member

Hello there George, pleased to meet you :D
    That must be lovely having all your family involved in the band too.

5. bbg

bbg Member

Evening "Brut"....it's OK, no-one else in PB will ever know - at least not until I email them all and direct them to this site......
    The avatar doesn't do you or Ross justice - for anyone interested, it shows George and son in their Dundee United kits. Interstigly, for a Perth area based band we have very few local St Johnstone fans amongst our number - the Annan family and others support DU, whilst my son is a Falkirk fan and I support the mighty Raith Rovers.

6. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Hello from a fellow Scot!:clap:

This is a fun way to kill time and get info at the same time.

Enjoy!!:D

7. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Can't beat playing in a band with your family - last area my brother play bari and my son played back row cornet with 'my' band.

LOVE IT !

8. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Okay Brut33, stop going on about it just get on and play and lets have some right notes this time. And get that family of yours to pull there fingers out and try harder, this banding lark is serious business!!!!!

Steve (bully boy) Butler ;)

9. Mon1018

Mon1018 New Member

cool~~
    enjoy it ! :)