Don't be fooled

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by David Evans, Dec 17, 2017.

1. julian

julian Active Member

Thanks GER, you're the only one who's played along. Unfortunately you're supposed to say what the death throws of Morris Marina sounded like. Have another try!!

2. GER

GER Member

Thought I had, every time they started up they sounded as though they were breaking up!! How about imagine a tin of nails inside a concrete mixer spinning at 1000 rpm, it obviously wouldn't be very loud, the metal wasn't thick enough to put up any resistance, punctuated by the odd pop as the tyres gave way- Oh damn, I've just described the sound they made when being driven down the road again!!. I give up-no wait, I remember playing in a band in the 1970's and there was an instrument that when played sounded exactly like a marina breaking up, if I could just remember the name.................

3. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

4. Mesmerist

I had to search the internet for one as I had no idea what you were talking about. All cars look similar to me unless it's a mini or a landrover.

5. GER

GER Member

[​IMG]
    Mesmerist- not sure where you got that photo from, this is a better example, although to be fair if this was for sale it's condition would be described as 'good' :):):)

Mesmerist likes this.
  6. Mesmerist

Ah just convert them to electric classic cars and you'll make a fortune. Can see the headlines now - Julian/Ger millionaires teach Lord Sugar how to suck eggs

7. Mesmerist

PS How do you suck eggs and why on earth would you want to?

8. julian

julian Active Member

Mesmarist. I've never sucked an egg, and don't think I want to either (apparently people who collect birds eggs make a small hole in one and then suck the raw egg through it - yuck!)
    Converting old Morris Marina's etc to electric would, IMHO only prolong the agony of them still being around and would probably reverse the desired result. i.e. bankruptcy!

9. julian

julian Active Member

By the way, Mesmerist your photo must have been taken the day that this particular example left the dealer showroom. GER's example is probably a couple of months older - probably less if it lived within 5 miles of the sea......

10. julian

julian Active Member

Perhaps someone could prompt him?.........

11. Slider1

Slider1 Active Member

I think you'd be better off with the skip behind it :rolleyes:

Mesmerist likes this.
  12. Slider1

Slider1 Active Member

A bit like driving a Marina, its probably illegal now and you blew not sucked, very messy if it was addled, yep very much like driving a marina.

13. Mesmerist

So if a Marina represents the instrument sitting near the Euph but smaller then this baby must be the solo horn player. Oh Yeah[​IMG]

14. julian

julian Active Member

In yer dreams, girl......

Slider1 likes this.
  15. Mesmerist

RUDE Julian RUDE!

16. julian

julian Active Member

No, never rude - just realistic!

17. Mesmerist

Off to find a cornet replica then Julian...

Slider1 likes this.
  18. Mesmerist

19. julian

julian Active Member

Cruel, just cruel..........................................

Slider1 and Mesmerist like this.
  20. Mesmerist

I know... I'll let you find the basses version