Donald Palmer - East Anglian Brass Band Association

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by Christine Wade, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Christine Wade

Christine Wade New Member

It is with much sadness that I announce that Donald Palmer passed away on Tuesday 12th July. Donald had been involved with brass bands in East Anglia, mainly in administration, for around sixty years. Anyone entering one of our contests will have spoken to Donald as he was in charge of our registrations for several years. Donald was a dedicated and hard working Trustee of the East Anglian Brass Band Association and was one of the Association representatives on the London and Southern Counties Regional Committee. Donald was a true gentleman and a very good friend and will be very much missed by us all.
    Donald’s funeral is on 4th August at 12.30pm at St Faiths Crematorium, Horsham St Faiths, Norwich, NR10 3LF.
    Donald has requested that some of his friends from brass bands in East Anglia play at his funeral.

To assist with the arrangements if you plan to attend Donald’s funeral please can you let me know. Also if you wish to play at the service please contact me at or 07714456546.

Christine Wade
    East Anglian Brass Band Association
  2. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to hear this Christine - I knew Donald during my time on the L&SC Regional Committee - both a Gentleman and a gentle man too.

Andy Wooler
  3. Ian Clarke

Ian Clarke Guest

Today we say our final goodbye to Donald Palmer.

A name that won't mean much to many of my friends on here.

However those of you who have played at an East Anglian Brass Band Association or London & Southern Counties Regional Championships would have come into contact with Donald and would not have had a contest to attend without him (and others like him too).

He served both organisations for many years - never once as a player but purely a volunteer and administrator - ensuring that we the players had a contest to attend.

So today I shall personally be giving my thanks to Donald for all his hard work and efforts for each and every brass player who he gave time for.

RIP Donald
    Euphonium Lite likes this.
  4. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

Sad loss. RIP Donald