Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by missflugel, May 21, 2008.

1. missflugel

missflugel Member

Does anyone have the parts for the Flugel solo Domen? I have been looking for ages, it takes ages to get it ordered and I've been waiting for 6 weeks so far. I'm really wanting to play it this summer.

Jo x
  2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Where did you order it from? I've been trying to find this for ages, I've got the 2004(?) European CD with it on but it's listed as "manuscript" - i.e. unpublished, on the track listing so I'd more or less given up!
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

4. mehans

mehans New Member

Why not use Jan Magne Førdes own webpage?

From there you can order all his music and listen to mp3 files of the music as well. All prices are given in norwegian kroner - at the moment 1 £ is approx. 10 NOK.
  5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Yes, Ian, I think it is the same piece. Thanks for all the help folks, and sorry for hijacking the thread! :oops:
  7. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

This is the same piece (I used to sell it when I worked for Warner).

It is actually published by a company called Norsk Noteservice. Their website is at

Here is a link for the Jan Magne Forde part of the site

In the UK Studio Music and Just Music used to import from them regularly, wouldn't have thought it should take 4 weeks though.

Hope that this helps.
  8. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

I bought it when it was sold by Warner, actually got it as a bargain on Ebay along with Letters from home.

As unhelpful as that is!
  9. WoodenFlugel

Thanks for that Robin - I've tried twice now to search for this on the Warner Chappell site and had no joy. Are they still publishing for brass band?
  10. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

Long story, the Warner brass band series was actually published under the 'banner' of the UK division of Warner, International Music Publications (IMP) with the blue and white covers.

In 2005 the complete publishing division of Warner Bros./Warner Chappell (inclusing IMP) was sold by Warner to the american publisher, Alfred Publications. They, in turn, sold IMP, and the copyright to all its publications, to Faber Music in the UK; it was at this point that Faber chose to finish the position I had at Warner as commissioning editor and series editor for brass band and concert band titles and I moved to De Haske, where I still an nearly three years later.

So, to cut a long story short, the titles that were published by IMP are still available through Faber Music via your usual brass band retailer. Faber had/has it's own brass band series but, as far as I'm aware, they have not commissioned any new arrangements from the old Warner/IMP writers (i.e. Andy Duncan, Mark Freeh etc.), especially not in the same way we used to with the latest film soundtracks etc.

Norsk Noteservice (returning to 'Domen') was the company that used to be Warner Norway and there was a management buy-out. IMP used to be the sole importer of their band titles re-selling through the UK band dealers but this was something else that Faber finished. Before I left I managed to arrange the direct sales from Norway to the UK dealers so at least everything should still be available.

I hope that this helps in some way to explain the situation and I hope that all those that want 'Domen' manage to get hold of it reasonably quickly.
  11. WoodenFlugel

Thanks for the explanation Robin, I did wonder if IMP/Warner were still doing brass arrangements - after the initial blaze of publicity it had gone a bit quiet. Now I guess I know why!

Actually this thread has given me a slight dilemma - I was all set for my new solo (I'm all Over the Rainbowed out!) and was going to go for something fairly traditional, but I'm wondering after hearing the mp3 samples whether to go for Domen. Its always nice to play orginal music I think.

Incidentally having now checked this link you posted doesn't work:

Could it have something to do with the "management admin" part? ;)

I've tried to find the correct link, but my Swedish(?) is limited to say the least - especially after a couple of glasses of wine!!
  12. missflugel

missflugel Member

It has finally arrived!! Ran through it at band on Thursday night. Bits are different to the recording, I think they scored it more sparsely.

Jo x