Dogs or Cats?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by paddo, Mar 19, 2006.

Cats, dogs or both?

1. Cats

22 vote(s)
  2. Dogs

39 vote(s)
  3. Both

11 vote(s)
  1. paddo

paddo Member

Just sat here, very bored so I thought I would start my own thread.

Whats your choice of pet? for me it has to be a dog, loyal, obedient, (no not the wife!) best friend.:)

Can't stand cats, hate em!:(
  2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Cats for me - love 'em.
  3. Lisa

Lisa Member

Definitely Dogs!
  4. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

Aw yeah - dogs all the way.. I have 2. But we have 2 cats as well.
  5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Cats. You don't have to 'pooper scoop' their cr*p after them. Considerably more intelligent than dogs. Utterly loyal AND loving if you show YOUR loyalty at an early enough 'kitten' age. Don't go uncontrollably berserk if they see another cat. And they can wash themsleves. No contest.
  6. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

7. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Like both, but my preference has to be a dog. They are more of a companion animal than cats.

Edit: Ps, Dave, if you think you don't have to 'scoop a poop' with cats, you should have seen my front garden from my neighbours cats!
  8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Dogs, no contest!

I've always gone by the Bucket Test my old Dad told me. Fill a bucket with water, hold the cat under the water for 20 minutes and if it lives, it's worth keeping.* ;)

*It's a joke (for those members with no sense of humour, of which there appear to be quite a few.)
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I've added a poll for you . . . and voted "cats", of course ;)
  10. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

I have to agree with Charmed on this one - Because cats usually have a territory slightly larger than their owner's garden, and defaecate as a form of territorial marking right at the edge, (a) cat owners don't have their own cats mess to deaal with and (b) other cats are kept out of the garden too, with the outcome that You don't have to pooperscoop their cr*p for them, but your next door neighbours all do (along with having the risks of developing toxoplasmosis or toxocariasis).

p.s. isn't this poll a bit restrictive - there are much more groovy pets to have than cats or dogs.
  11. paddo

paddo Member

No your correct there dave, your next door nieghbour does it for you!! We have 3 or 4 cats next door and I am sick to death of the scratches on mine and the wifes car.....
  12. paddo

paddo Member

Yeh, your probably right, we have a rahter larger than life Rabbit too.... sorry guys!;)
  13. GJacko

GJacko Member

We have two, two year old Springer's. They're nuts!! It's got to be dogs.
  14. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Dogs, absolutely dogs, best animals on earth, cats are only good for dog food.

Dogs. And the bigger and dopier the better.

So that'll be dogs then.
  15. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Only because they go and cr*p in someone else's garden. Cats are only good for one thing, and it involves a bag, a brick, a canal and a lenght of string.

Dogs all the way for me.

Cats for me!
  17. gawber

gawber Active Member

Dogs for me. Scooping poop is no big deal for responsible owners.

I don't like cats and my dog doesn't either although he hates pigeons more!
  18. andyp

andyp Active Member

Dogs all the way!

You own a dog. A cat owns you, NEVER the other way round.

Dogs love you unconditionally. Cats only love you when they want something (like feeding or stroking).
  19. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Def. Cats - in fact, both Boycie & Trigger, our 2 kittens, often attempt to contribute to tMp by walking across the keyboard as I type.

Here's trigger now:

wqeuymnv \jhuydsio69jksd3w4ejkm
  20. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Dogs every time, I've owned both and a Dog gives more back in my opinion.
    Also you can't take a cat for a walk so there isn't the incentive to get off your backside and do some exercise.
    I wouldn't swap my dog for anything