Does Dave Payn have a job?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by jimortality, Jul 9, 2004.

1. jimortality

jimortality Member

Well!!!! does he, I've never known anybody respond to postings as quick as he does :wink: :wink:
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

i think he has a job.......... keeping up with all the posts on tmp!
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

And he works for someone else at the moment. :shock: I wonder what he'll be like at the end of the year when he's self employed?

4. jimortality

jimortality Member

He's normally replied by now, he must be on his lunch break!! :)
  5. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Just think of the damage one quick call to his boss could do! :cry:
  6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Flippin' 'eck! Sorry it took so long to respond! Must be slacking in me old age! Jeez.....

It's all part of my plan to achieve world domination in brass spheres. Which is about as likely as me being appointed the next Archbishop of Canterbury..... ;-)
  7. jimortality

jimortality Member

You never know!! but I haven't seen him on here, so maybe he hasn't got time to post :eek: so that job wouldn't be any good for you Dave :)
  8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

If I wasn't here you'd miss me... (like you'd miss piles, VD, syphillis, constipation etc. etc. ;-))
  9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

funny gags etc... :wink: :roll:
  10. peasantband

peasantband New Member

So does the Dave Payne have the job or is he of the lucky people who are the proffessional musician?

My friend is of this and have the day to her self but much of the night it is for the playing.

This is the nice life but it is like the one big party for the after show is for the drinks and the day is for the sleep and some of the practice.
  11. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

dave payne, work???

those words should never be in the same sentence unless connected with doesnt...
  12. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

so at the end of this year dave's going to be self-employed and I'll be a student? Might want to upgrade the bandwidth John... :wink:
  13. Spanky Rear

Spanky Rear Member

As far as I know he does, and will be freelance later in the year. I remember him conducting Epsom and Ewell some years back when[shock,horror]work intruded and he had to scale down his musical activities and left[sob].
    Joking apart,for those who don't know him I should explain that Dave has kept Crystal Palace,Croydon, Epsom and Ewell afloat in difficult times,as well as Merton Concert Band as a conductor.He is 'Mr Reliable',and seems to be able to get the best out of players--to make them want to play at their best.I think[please see my pithy comment on conductors at the end of this post] many conductors could do no better than emulate the way he worksWITH Bands/Players.If you don't believe me why not test my views and book him for a slot with your Band .
  14. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Dave Payne
    is hard at work coming up with an anagram puzzle!!! :wink:
  15. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

That's very kind of you spanky (particularly after our little 'disagreement' in the England v Portgual thread) and thank you kindly. I do appreciate that. However, I do believe this thread to be somewhat in jest and I'm
    certainly approaching it that way. After all, given my average number of posts, they may have a point..... ;-)

All the same, Spanky; thank you again! :)
  16. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

theres always one... :roll:
  17. Spanky Rear

Spanky Rear Member

Dave Payn

OK Dave---- makes a change from backfiring! Only concern with your impending move to Arran is there isn't much time left for Bands to sample your MD technique.Scotland's gain London's loss! Maybe more time for tMP?
  18. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

I think you'll find that self-employed people tend to concentrate on the work - there's so much more incentive when you're working for yourself rather than for someone else.

Incidentally, is it my imagination, or has there been a marked decrease in the total number of posts in the past week or two - and does that have anything to do with the university and college summer holidays? And if it's true, why am I not surprised?