Does Anyone on The Mouthpiece go to Salford uni?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by kate_the_horn, May 25, 2004.

1. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

im just wondering who the tutors are now, if they've changed pr anything?

k x

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Tutors include:
    David King, Peter Graham, Mick Wilson, Alan Williams, Gareth Pritchard, Charles Mitchell and John Harper...

Horn tutor: Sheona White

;-)

Edit:.......and here's the link to the website
    http://www.smmp.salford.ac.uk/

3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

well i suppose it's not a bad line up...

4. Naomi McFadyen

Course not, lol...
    Very good tutors indeed.

The external examiners are pretty good as well...
    Including Goff Richards, Roy Newsome, David Lancaster and Martin Ellerby

;-)

5. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

What I want to know is, does Alan Williams still confuse people when he lectures?! He really used to confuse me when I was at Uni! Perhaps I should have layed off the alcohol and listened in lectures but some of it went right over my head!

"In what ways is music ironic?" Discuss. Argh!!!!!!

6. Naomi McFadyen

Alan still has his own theories... and re-writes music... "it would sound like this if u put these chords in instead"...

Practical Analysis last year I'll never forget!! :shock:

Remarkable man... made us laugh a lot when he made mistakes whilst playing on the piano... Especially the time he just bursted out laughing!! :lol:

But, I have learnt a lot from him- I couldn't lecture the things that he has...Hope I have him for a module next year

7. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

*phew
    (wipes sweat from forehead)
    i looked on the site and my hero wasnt there!!

glad she is thou!

thank you!!

kelly x

8. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

charles mitchell?? ;)

9. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

shhh!!
    sheona!!

k x

lol

10. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

You have all missed out on possibly the best lecturer EVER to grace those hallowed halls, Frank Salter. Anyone who had lectures with him will know what i mean!! One of my mates even made a book of his quotes because thats how entertaining and witty they were!! But then I suppose you had to be there.......

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    The Mouthpiece
    Salford
    kx
    Mouthpiece
    im
  12. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

so whos Charles Mitchell?

k x

13. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

Charles is one of the Aural teachers and he used to teach piano when it was compulsory for all first years to learn piano. But after my year did it and nearly everyone failed it (including me!) It was mysteriously dropped from the curriculum........
    But anyway Charles also does some seminar stuff too and he taught us music history.

14. Naomi McFadyen

Charles is great.
    He's the most enthusiastic person I've ever known to teach things like analysis and history etc. Made it fun and interesting because of his passion for music... Good pianist too...

:)

15. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Not forgetting Aural and Transcription on Monday mornings!! :D Alan was a legend...."I'll just play you this bar...oops....oops....oops I'll sing it instead.....laaaaaaaa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" snigger snigger!!! Bless!

Your right about Mr Salter thought Rich, I'll never forget young Mr McCulloch trying to hand in his assignments 10 mins late! "YOU BOY!!!"